PDA

View Full Version : Monitor problem - PLEASE HELP

JKratzer
03-26-2005, 01:56 PM
I've tried to fix this problem on my own and failed. I can't even describe it well enough to get results from google. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

My 17" Dell CRT monitor supports 1600x1200 resolution. I played 4 tables on that resolution. Then I got a Dell 2001fp and hooked up dual monitors. I got a new video card - radeon 7000 dual output. I hooked up both monitors and my 2001 works fine (dvi output - 1600x1200).

The problem comes when I set the resolution on my old computer. At 800x600 it works fine. When I increase the resolution the screen gets larger, but doesn't fit on the monitor screen. When I put the mouse on that monitor and move it around the screen scrolls to show me parts of the screen that aren't showing up. This doesn't help me multitable. How do I get the resolution to increase while keeping the screen from getting too big??

I don't know if that made enough sense, it's difficult to describe, but any help would be greatly appreciated.

JKratzer

NateDog
03-26-2005, 02:03 PM
I feel your pain. ATI support sucks.

Did you completely uninstall your old video drivers before installing the new ones? Does the 7000 support hydravision?

Have you looked in the display properties of your desktop? (right click desktop > properties > settings tab) and adjusted resolution there? Is the right card shown in the display drop-down?

JKratzer
03-26-2005, 02:23 PM
I didn't uninstall first, should I try uninstalling now? It does support hydravision and the resolution is correct in display.

Thanks natedogg

JKratzer