PDA

View Full Version : AA from the SB

PktAcesSoWht
03-26-2005, 01:19 PM
10sng----The reason I only bet t60 on the flop was because I didn't want to scare him off by betting too much. I think this was an error because of the 2-flush? When the 3 flush came on the river that card really scared me because of the flop reraise, that is why I checked, and that is also why I checked the river. I almost folded to the river bet because it looked like a value bet to me, and I thought I was beat but since I was getting over 4 to 1 I called it. I think I would have had to fold if he had gone all-in on the river, which is what I think he should have done given this circumstance.

I would like to know of other ways to play this if I did not play this right.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t30 (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

saw flop|<font color="#C00000">saw showdown</font>

MP2 (t1740)
CO (t2040)
Button (t1375)
<font color="#C00000">Hero (t1455)</font>
<font color="#C00000">BB (t1365)</font>
UTG (t2630)
UTG+1 (t1465)
MP1 (t1430)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
<font color="#666666">6 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises to t90</font>, BB calls t60.

Flop: (t180) J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets t60</font>, <font color="#CC3333">BB raises to t120</font>, Hero calls t60.

Turn: (t420) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t240</font>, Hero calls t240.

River: (t900) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">BB bets t270</font>, Hero calls t270.

Final Pot: t1440

Results in white below: <font color="#FFFFFF">
BB has 2c Ks (one pair, threes).
Hero has Ad As (two pair, aces and threes).
Outcome: Hero wins t1440. </font>

proell
03-26-2005, 01:29 PM
I'd bet 150 on the flop. No use fooling around here with the draws out there. But, in your case of betting 60, when villian min-raises I would come over the top for 450 or so.

TheUsher
03-26-2005, 01:36 PM
Bet the flop bigger and throw in the third bet to raise big there. This hand is just like limit where they raise the cheap flop bet to check behind and see a free river if the flush doesn't hit on the turn as most everyone would check the turn here out of position like you did. Luckily, you were up against an idiot here but you could be paying off a flush next time.

curtains
03-26-2005, 01:58 PM
One quick note becuase I have to leave, but in general when it's headsup on the flop, you should be much less scared of a flush draw than you should be when there are a few callers.

I would have bet more on the flop, but the fact that the board has 2 diamonds is a relatively minor factor here.

The third diamond doesn't hurt your hand much either, as it's pretty unlikely he has a flush, although it's more likely now that he has two diamonds than it was on the flop, for the simple reason that he called your flop bet with something, and sometimes that something will be two diamonds.

Nicok7
03-26-2005, 03:53 PM
like everyone I believe you slowplayed in the wrong spot on the flop. In STT where aggression is so important I would not let him get away so cheap if the flop has a 2 flush or a possible straight. Keep the fancy move for a safer place. By betting you get a better idea or where you are and if your opponent calls and wakes up on the diamond you know what to do.

Consolation is vilain played even worst by firing two barrels of roughly the same size, probably hoping you were drawing with the ace of diamonds, or possibly not thinking at all /images/graemlins/smile.gif

PktAcesSoWht
03-27-2005, 01:34 PM
thanks for the comments. Reraising big after he min raised me I think is a great move and I did not even think of it.

I, like so many other fairly new players, less than a 8 months of real play, use to think when anyone raised or reraised they had the nuts or something better than me, and of course, that is just crazy talk. Luckily, I am getting well past that concept, but occasionally it does creep back. This situation was kind of like that. After not betting out on the flop, and then the reraise had me thinking.

Are min raises every really a sign of a great hand? or are they usually a sign that someone is reaching?

RobGW
03-27-2005, 02:06 PM
As Curtains said, whether you should be afraid of the flush depends on the number of players in the pot. In a heads up situation, I usually dont worry about it. I'd try to get all my $$ in here with either a raise on the flop or a check raise on the turn. At no point would I seriously consider folding this. By betting small and then checking it on the turn and river you are inducing bluffs from him or at least making him think a J is good. When you play weakly like this you have to make more calls as you are inducing more action from him.

microbet
03-27-2005, 02:57 PM
Your having the Ad makes the flush draw even less likely.

On the flop I just want to do whatever I think extracts the most money, but once I get reraised I will bet back at him.

It's not like all he could be doing is drawing dead.