PDA

View Full Version : an I'm Sorry RANT (low content)

jnalpak
03-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Pet Peeve rant...please add on as needed.

I dont mind seeing the river beat me in a hand where the player was gunning for 2outs MAYBE. Its poker, i say nh and move on.

What ANNOYS the crap out of me is when i have a good hand beaten on the river or by runner runner and someone says "SORRY, I had to"

HUH? WHAT? HUH?

this type of comment makes me crazy, not b/c i lost but b/c its cards and NO ONE should be feeling sorry for a bad beat (isn't it gambling?).

So according to SSH they r saying "yes i was stoopid for taking no odds by making a cold 3-bet from you while im drawing dead with 79" This statement i dont mind them making b/c the majority of the time they will make MORE mistakes calling this and i will profit from it.

Am i alone on this one?

There is no crying in baseball and there sure as stinky-stinky ain't any SORRY's in poker.

EStreet20
03-26-2005, 01:09 PM
You're right, I never apologize. Just the other day I overplayed AA completely and rivered my way into a full boat to win a 50 BB pot. The last thing I was going to do was apologize.

Onaflag
03-26-2005, 02:43 PM
Last night in local B&M. Family pot and I'm in the blind with 83. No raises. I check. Flopped 83K. Huge action and I raise wherever I can. Turn is a dud. Huge action. River is another 3. Capped with 4 of us in the pot. Everyone else not in the pot have chips in the pot.

No way am I saying sorry for this, but I did feel a comment of some kind was necessary. People were mumbling about aces getting cracked, AK getting whooped, etc. I wanted to scream "Idiots! You let me in for free!"

I just mumbled Big Blind Special and something about tonight being my lucky night. Who said they wish they could freeze dry a table and thaw it out when in need of money? Could have been an Omaha book, but that was THAT table.

Onaflag..............

rogue
03-26-2005, 03:04 PM
[ QUOTE ]

What ANNOYS the crap out of me is when i have a good hand beaten on the river or by runner runner and someone says "SORRY, I had to"

[/ QUOTE ]
If it annoys you that much and puts you on tilt, then it is +EV for them to say that, whether they know it or not.

You should be happy they went runner runner on you, and you shouldn't care what they say about it.

jnalpak
03-26-2005, 05:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If it annoys you that much and puts you on tilt, then it is +EV for them to say that

[/ QUOTE ]

what annoys me more is people LOOSELY using the term PLUS or MINUS EV. WHEN did it become the norm to quote things as +/- expected value?

also, read my rant...do i say it puts me on tilt? NOPE, its a pet peeve that gives me a tick for a split minute, i then laugh at how funny it was and go on kicking ass...

NOW, kicking ass and doing it well is PLUS EV!

chesspain
03-26-2005, 05:05 PM
Lighten-up, Francis.

jnalpak
03-26-2005, 05:27 PM
sorry mate, that was totally -EV of me

Ianco15
03-26-2005, 06:16 PM
A pet peeve of mine is when people use the word "mate"

Saint_D
03-27-2005, 04:23 PM
I often say "Sorry about that!" when I catch my card on the river. Even though I had pot odds to call, I find it calms the fish when I act like I gave them a bad beat.

In fact, just last night a nice gentleman gave me nearly all of his buy in over the course of an hour. He says "Damn, that's the fourth time you rivered me!". Instead of saying "I had 13 outs and you checked to me!" I said "Yeah, you missed it earlier when I couldn't catch a card. Too bad it wasn't you who won on all money then."

He settled down, gave me his last $3.50 and then did a re-buy.

It is funny that someone lacking the pot odds or implied odds would call you down then apologize. I am sure he is just trying to "calm the fish."

-D

P.S. my pet peeve is "good" players who berate the fish. Hate it when someone I am profiting off of leaves the game because someone else wants yell at them.