PDA

View Full Version : Should I have pushed?

CMHPokerMike
03-26-2005, 11:47 AM
Middle stages of the $4000 guarantee tournament on Prima this morning. I'm in the SB with 64o with about 2/3rd average stack. 3 limpers, I complete, BB checks. Flop comes 458 rainbow. I check, BB checks, first limper pushes (for about 3/4 of my stack), second limper gripes and folds, third limper folds.

I didn't have a good read on the pusher but with their EP limp followed by the push I didn't believe they had the flush or two pairs. I figured I was either up against a set, a medium overpair or a bluff with two overcards.

ZBTHorton
03-26-2005, 12:00 PM
Fold.

You can't be ahead of much here. And you only have 4 outs to a decent hand.

Rolen
03-26-2005, 12:01 PM
No! I wouldn't have bothered with 46o in the first place, but at best (and unlikely) he's got two overcards and you're a small favorate, or at worst he's got an overpair and the BB yet to act has flopped a BB monster.

I agree with you on the flush, he's probably not got one. On a rainbow flop /images/graemlins/wink.gif

ZBTHorton
03-26-2005, 12:07 PM
No way!

The only thing your ahead of is over cards. Almost any PP. You have bottom pair, nearly worst kicker. This is a CLEAR fold.

CMHPokerMike
03-26-2005, 12:09 PM
Thanks for the comments. I thought my fold was right but was concerned I'd made the wrong call. (And, obviously, I meant straight in my original post but I'm sure you knew that.) /images/graemlins/cool.gif

captainzodiac
03-26-2005, 12:24 PM
not the easiest hand to play post flop,but i would think you have 9 out,the 2 4's make you trips,the 3 6's make you 2 pair and the 4 7's make you str8.i this situation i like a semi bluff,making the bluff about half the size of the pot,with some outs. after everyone checked it was an easy push for the guy with position,especially since he most likely had a bigger stack then you,since you are below average,i think with a semi bluff here he may have called you,and you get to see another card,or you may win the pot right there,but still your play is fine.

CMHPokerMike
03-26-2005, 12:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I wouldn't have bothered with 46o in the first place

[/ QUOTE ]

Just curious, why not? Unless the BB comes in with a raise (in which case I'd fold), you're getting 10:1 and, if you hit, everyone else almost certainly did not. I certainly wouldn't have even limped with this hand at 5:1 but at 10:1 with big implied odds on a hit, it seemed worth 200 chips.

Or maybe I've just been reading too many of the posts lately about the value of playing "junk" cards. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif