PDA

View Full Version : deer droping antlers

Ray Zee
03-26-2005, 11:01 AM
its time for them, and for me to walk around the property and find nice ones. usually good for a couple five pointers. no beavers out in the river yet. they must be having young in the nests and when they pop out, down goes the willow and cottonwood bushes and trees.
We had no snow on the ground all winter long. this week got some and its still sticking because of the cool weather. Our snowppack is below 50% of normal and expecting low river flows this summer.

MelK
03-26-2005, 12:40 PM
Do they let you trap beaver out there? You can go to jail if you do it here, so we just live in the fear of random flooding.

Zeno
03-26-2005, 12:58 PM
Long ago if seems, I posted about finding a great pair of elk antlers. I found them while bushwhacking cross country and they are in great shape, a hair more than 3-feet tall, and are a large 5 point rack. I packed them out (a chore as they are quite heavy) and they lean up next to my fireplace. I also have an elk skull on the fireplace mantle and two large elk vertabra that decorate my wood CD holders.

We got lots of snow, in fact it snowed last night and now I am about to go cross-country skiing.

The low river flows will impact fishing right?

Hope you had a fun and relaxing time on your vacation/trip along the west coast.

-Zeno

peachy
03-26-2005, 05:31 PM
hehe we can just about hand feed the deer on some of our properities b/c everyone around us hunts them...so they all run to our spread to hide out lol its sorta funny....our poor horses get so mad cause they just continue to stay most of the year. One of them chases them for fun...i think shes delusional

Pinga
03-26-2005, 05:36 PM
Don't tease me guys. Bowhunting is my first addiction and Sept 15 is still a long long ways away.

If a 5 pointer is big you must be talking mule deer.

I have a carved elk antler from a Zumi(?) indian in AZ. Wish I had a camera to drop a photo inline.

gaming_mouse
03-26-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
hehe we can just about hand feed the deer on some of our properities b/c everyone around us hunts them...so they all run to our spread to hide out lol its sorta funny....our poor horses get so mad cause they just continue to stay most of the year. One of them chases them for fun...i think shes delusional

[/ QUOTE ]

man, i wish i lived on a ranch.

1337 skills
03-26-2005, 07:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Zumi(?)

[/ QUOTE ]

Zuni

peachy
03-26-2005, 07:59 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe i dont live there...i live in the city...our ranch house is in the mountains

whiskeytown
03-26-2005, 08:08 PM
I've got to come back to Kalispell for a week in April - probably after the 16th -

should be good - springtime in MT always rocks - hopefully it will have melted by then in the valley and up in the hills where Dad lives.

RB

gaming_mouse
03-26-2005, 08:10 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe i dont live there...

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? horses chasing deer for fun... it sounds great. i'm not kidding, btw, in case that isn't clear.

peachy
03-26-2005, 08:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Don't tease me guys. Bowhunting is my first addiction and Sept 15 is still a long long ways away.

If a 5 pointer is big you must be talking mule deer.

I have a carved elk antler from a Zumi(?) indian in AZ. Wish I had a camera to drop a photo inline.

[/ QUOTE ]

AVID is a huge hunter too and really good with a bow! Im gonna have to fight to keep him away from mah cute lil deer /images/graemlins/frown.gif

peachy
03-26-2005, 08:15 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

hehe i dont live there...

[/ QUOTE ]

why not? horses chasing deer for fun... it sounds great. i'm not kidding, btw, in case that isn't clear.

[/ QUOTE ]

its a spare house...i spend some time there...but its for mostly summers and weekends. Nearest grocery store is 45 mins away and u have to take a cooler!! I love that about it though, and our lakehouse is right down the road from it...so it makes for great summer fun! Its just better as a vacation house for now...o and its on a river too, one of the nicest fly fishing trout rivers in the US /images/graemlins/smile.gif but one of the only almost fully private ones too! I catch 10+lb rainbows in it consistently...haha the horses love playin with them too!! And theres a bear!! GGRRRRR!!! it comes up next to the house alot...which is NOT GOOD...cause it means its not scared ...and we had a problem with wild dogs and bobcats mean lil f'ers!! Shot a few of them...they were terrorizing mah baby horsey /images/graemlins/frown.gif

hehe i have a bunch of pics of it if u wanna see!! but i dunno where to host them to link them to here /images/graemlins/frown.gif

oooo GoT showed me...lemmie see if it works!!

in the spring
http://img96.exs.cx/img96/4843/ranchhousespring5np.png

in the winter with the horseys!!
http://img220.exs.cx/img220/2508/horsesranchhousewinter6cn.png

mah dads best friend and him fishing!! yay!! BIG TROUT!!
http://img216.exs.cx/img216/4872/fishingintheriver8aa.png

and a view from the other side http://img216.exs.cx/img216/1760/ranchhousefromothersideoffield.png

JaBlue
03-26-2005, 09:26 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
where is this ranch... those trout are awesome

gaming_mouse
03-26-2005, 10:09 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

That looks great. peachy, just out of curiosity, how old are you?

wacki
03-26-2005, 10:13 PM
What does peachy's dad do for a living?

gaming_mouse
03-26-2005, 10:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be joking. He's an actor:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000158/

wacki
03-26-2005, 10:20 PM
Errr.... I didn't realize that was Tom Hanks in that picture. Given peachies post history and past claims, I call a big fat bullshit on this one.

gaming_mouse
03-26-2005, 10:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Errr.... I didn't realize that was Tom Hanks in that picture. Given peachies post history and past claims, I call a big fat bullshit on this one.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you joking, dude? I was kidding.

Myrtle
03-26-2005, 10:27 PM
got to be somewhere out west.....or Canada...

They don't make trout that big here back east.....sigh

wacki
03-26-2005, 10:28 PM
No I wasn't. For a second I thought peachy was claiming to be Tom Hanks daughter which wouldn't surprise me one bit. I guess I jumped the gun and pretty much made myself look like a jackass. /images/graemlins/blush.gif Good job, I guess I need to be more careful.
/images/graemlins/tongue.gif

gaming_mouse
03-26-2005, 10:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
:o Good job,

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

Ed I
03-26-2005, 10:44 PM
The low snow pack and projected record low flows are
going make it tough on the trout this summer. This will be the 7th yr of drought. Populations may take a big hit.

peachy
03-27-2005, 12:08 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

You must be joking. He's an actor:

http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0000158/

[/ QUOTE ]

hahah my dad is on the RIGHT! not the left he looks more like richard gere!!

peachy
03-27-2005, 12:11 AM
im 24 lol its in GA...not out west!!

here is another of the river...i had to run out before so i didnt get to go thru all my pictures before i left /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

oooo sorry about the size...the others were scanned and this one is from a digital camera...i dunno how to downsize it!!

ok it was like SUPER SUPER DUPER huge...so i just picked the option for the thumbnail thingy...so just click it i guess
http://img207.exs.cx/img207/7838/dscf00228ie.th.jpg (http://img207.exs.cx/my.php?loc=img207&image=dscf00228ie.jpg)

peachy
03-27-2005, 12:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

what my dad does is not important...

peachy
03-27-2005, 12:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

a BS on what?? that thats my dad or my house?? LOL!!!

And Wacki...there r people on this board who know me in real life...so anything i say EXCEPT for how i look..is entirely true

GuyOnTilt
03-27-2005, 12:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

And Wacki...there r people on this board who know me in real life...so anything i say EXCEPT for how i look..is entirely true

[/ QUOTE ]

No one should believe a word this (cough) girl says.

GoT

ThaSaltCracka
03-27-2005, 12:40 AM
I like these posts Ray.

wacki
03-27-2005, 12:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I like these posts Ray.

[/ QUOTE ]

gaming_mouse
03-27-2005, 01:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
so anything i say EXCEPT for how i look..is entirely true

[/ QUOTE ]

you have long, flowing brown hair and pink wings. am i wrong?

peachy
03-27-2005, 01:19 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
so anything i say EXCEPT for how i look..is entirely true

[/ QUOTE ]

you have long, flowing brown hair and pink wings. am i wrong?

[/ QUOTE ]

brown hair yes...i WISH i had pink wings!! and im about oooo 600lbs and greasy...its hard to shower ::sigh:: /images/graemlins/frown.gif

gaming_mouse
03-27-2005, 01:25 AM
[ QUOTE ]
and im about oooo 600lbs and greasy

[/ QUOTE ]

this is a lie. clearly, you're a peach. a georgia peach, no less.

ThaSaltCracka
03-27-2005, 01:26 AM
I love eatin peaches.

peachy
03-27-2005, 01:30 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I love eatin peaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i had a nickle...no a PENNY...for everytime i heard that...id own a small country

Dead
03-27-2005, 01:58 AM
[ QUOTE ]
im 24 lol

[/ QUOTE ]

wow dude you are old

do you dig my avatar

clarkmeister gave it to me

peachy
03-27-2005, 02:14 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
im 24 lol

[/ QUOTE ]

wow dude you are old

do you dig my avatar

clarkmeister gave it to me

[/ QUOTE ]

hahaha im not old /images/graemlins/frown.gif lol and actually i do!! i used to own almost every one!!

Dead
03-27-2005, 02:20 AM
yeah my little sisters used to have lots as well. The my little ponies were pretty cool. I actually don't mind this avatar.

the easy bake oven was cool as well. you could make these cute little desserts that tasted good!

i was just jokin about you being old.

But you are like 4 years older than me

ThaSaltCracka
03-27-2005, 02:20 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I love eatin peaches.

[/ QUOTE ]

if i had a nickle...no a PENNY...for everytime i heard that...id own a small country

[/ QUOTE ]I wasn't talking about you.

wacki
03-27-2005, 02:22 AM
GoT, peachy PM'ed me and says you know her in real life. She told me to ask you as you "know" she's a girl. She says you were just joking in your post about believing her.

peachy
03-27-2005, 02:46 AM
[ QUOTE ]
GoT, peachy PM'ed me and says you know her in real life. She told me to ask you as you "know" she's a girl. She says you were just joking in your post about believing her.

[/ QUOTE ]

NO not in real life...i did not say that...i said he has heard me thx

peachy
03-27-2005, 02:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
yeah my little sisters used to have lots as well. The my little ponies were pretty cool. I actually don't mind this avatar.

the easy bake oven was cool as well. you could make these cute little desserts that tasted good!

i was just jokin about you being old.

But you are like 4 years older than me

[/ QUOTE ]

haha the easy bake oven came out a lil after i was too "old" for one...well not really i guess cause i remember some friends having them...we just didnt have much $ for toys though...but somehow b/w me and mah sis we mangaged to get most of the my lil ponies eventually!!

Dead
03-27-2005, 03:36 AM
my parents wouldn't let me have GI Joe's or toy guns as a kid. They thought that they would be too violent.

So.....

I played with stuff like the easy bake oven.

peachy
03-27-2005, 03:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
my parents wouldn't let me have GI Joe's or toy guns as a kid. They thought that they would be too violent.

So.....

I played with stuff like the easy bake oven.

[/ QUOTE ]

lol....that MIGHt explain alot /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

Dead
03-27-2005, 03:42 AM
lol you should see my winamp playlist. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

bedtime now though.

night peachy

GuyOnTilt
03-27-2005, 10:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, I was kidding and no, I do not actually think peachy is a guy, though it's pretty funny that everybody does. I do not know her "in real life", but we've been talking on the phone for a couple months now and her voice is definitely of the female persuasion.

GoT

wacki
03-27-2005, 10:42 AM
Eh, I never thought she was a guy. No guy would ever act as crazy as she does. I also have no doubt that she is rich as hell as it really does show in her mannerisms. I was more interested if her claims of you guys talking, Avid being her boyfriend, etc were all true.

GuyOnTilt
03-27-2005, 10:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Eh, I never thought she was a guy. No guy would ever act as crazy as she does. I also have no doubt that she is rich as hell as it really does show in her mannerisms. I was more interested if her claims of you guys talking, Avid being her boyfriend, etc were all true.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't make a habit of talking specifics about other people unless I know for absolute sure, but I'm pretty sure exactly one of those things is false.

GoT

astroglide
03-27-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I do not know her "in real life", but we've been talking on the phone for a couple months now

[/ QUOTE ]

haha. e-girlfriend. classic.

razor
03-27-2005, 01:13 PM
[ QUOTE ]
We had no snow on the ground all winter long. this week got some and its still sticking because of the cool weather. Our snowppack is below 50% of normal and expecting low river flows this summer.

[/ QUOTE ]

New keyboard, eh?

Zeno
03-27-2005, 01:35 PM
They are elk antlers. Trust me, I know. The pair are large to me, and that is what counts.

Most Zuni live in New Mexico near the Arizona border though there is a samller reservation in Arizona proper.

Elk antler and bone was used by many indian tribes. For example, the Northwest tribes used carved/sharped elk bone for hooks utilitize in catching salmon and/or ocean fish.

-Zeno

Ray Zee
03-27-2005, 02:40 PM
he is from the east coast and a five point rack there is a ten point one. they count each side.
there were elk all over the u.s in the past before man ate them all. or wiped them out because they competed with cows for grass.

pheasant tail (no 18)
03-27-2005, 03:26 PM
Hey Ray,

Were having the same troubles here in Washington. Snowpack is about 14-23% (though the passes were shutdown last night due to recent snow--too little too late).

I am from the east and have been there for deer season every year since 1980. Not sure how many points they have there since rifles stay in trunk, but we see many eating corn at 4AM while playing cards. Yes we do count total points though.

I can get my arse out of bed for a big brown though.

Here in Western Washington we have no great trout streams. No nutrients. The Yak in central Wa. is ok but I was hoping to make a trip you your state's hallowed waters. Wondering, given the current state of snowpack, when that should be.

Will the flows still be ok in June?
Where would you reccomend to go?

I don't need the stellar hatches (I can fling some lead if necessary), just some active fish and a spot that is not elbow to assshole full of the orvis crowd.

Any input would be appreciated.

Have a great spring,

PT

Ray Zee
03-27-2005, 04:06 PM
fishing is good now on nice days until the runoff. late may and june depending on the river. then it gets good on certain rivers and not on others. august hoppers bring action. then sept. oct is great.
there are few big fish caught in summer on the rivers.

peachy
03-27-2005, 04:12 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't make a habit of talking specifics about other people unless I know for absolute sure, but I'm pretty sure exactly one of those things is false.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes, correct....Avids NOT my boyfriend....hes my best friend! get it right!!! o and ive never said were rich...and ive talked to GoT a few times that way - for a few reasons, and its not a "common" thing

Pinga
03-27-2005, 06:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
They are elk antlers. Trust me, I know. The pair are large to me, and that is what counts.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was referring to Ray and the deer. I hadn't noticed both of you mentioned 5 points.

I didn't mean to question your ability to tell a deer antler from an elk /images/graemlins/grin.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Most Zuni live in New Mexico near the Arizona border though there is a samller reservation in Arizona proper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I learn too much around here. My parents are from AZ and they got it in Tombstone. My mother is going to a show for fetishes this week(*). She said she would ask.

Mine was done by Elton Kaamasee and is somewhat of a large version of what you see if you chase the link below.

Best,
Pinga
* My mom's not a perv (http://www.zunifetishesdirect.com/).

wacki
03-27-2005, 08:06 PM
From Ray Zee's post: august hoppers bring action.

What does this mean? August hoppers??

Ray Zee, sorry about clogging up your thread with the annoying peachy/wacki arguement.

peachy, we have to stop this. I know it's my fault it got started here (with help from gaming_mouse), and I was stupid enough to post the question you PM'ed me, but no more in this thread. So wacki will bite his tongue at the last statement and ignore all future comments from you in this thread.

Ray Zee
03-27-2005, 08:44 PM
grasshoppers fall from the bank and the trout go wild for them in august and sept.

AviD
03-29-2005, 12:14 PM
Hey Ray, I've been out scouting a few times since the season ended here and only found 2 sheds so far. I spend alot of time in the woods, probably more than I do at the poker table! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

I hunt public land here in NJ, not the best or easiest but there are deer to be found you just have to work hard for them.

Sheds are hard to come by on the property I hunt though, not many resident bucks make it through the season and the big boys come in during the rut from adjacent pieces but quickly move back into those pieces once the rut dies down.

It's nice out west, I was out in Wyoming in November and can remember pushing a river bottom and was finding small sheds like every 50-100 yards. They are like a diamond in the rough here in NJ, but like a dime a dozen out there on the leased land, pretty wild! /images/graemlins/wink.gif

AviD
03-29-2005, 12:15 PM
Yeah yer a spoiled brat, k thx! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

AviD
03-29-2005, 12:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

No one should believe a word this (cough) girl says.

GoT

[/ QUOTE ]