PDA

View Full Version : $30+3 Level 4 hand

Scuba Chuck
03-26-2005, 10:37 AM
This is one of those situations where I am very enamored with my stack. It's not too big so as I can take some chances, and it's not too small as I need to take chances. It's just right.

It's still 6 handed, and the blinds are relatively small.

UTG, and a middle pair, I really hate to raise and fold to an allin by bigger stacks, and folding almost seems like a waste. Limping might be worth it.

I'm interested in anyone's creativity here.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t100 (6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Hero (t1415)
MP (t1777)
CO (t1180)
Button (t476)
SB (t1740)
BB (t1412)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">[i]Hero......

nWirb
03-26-2005, 11:05 AM
This might just be the right time for the dreaded minraise, this either signals a monster or atleast a decent hand, it would probably block button for going all in with anything since he know he's going to get atleast 1 caller.
If you get lucky you might just pick up the blinds with a minraise here if you catch the blinds with nothing, atleast at the low buy in PP sng's.
A player with a good hand might even lay it down scared of a monster, and players with trouble hands like KT etc will probably fold here, when they would limp if you just limped.
If you are facing a good hand here you would probably be reraised here, and unless villian has a monster he would be forced to reraise it to atleast 500-600 to show some strength and give you a opportunity to fold. And then you can let go for only 200.

curtains
03-26-2005, 11:09 AM
My usual play here is to raise to 250, but I don't think folding is terrible (Although I wouldn't do it).

TheUsher
03-26-2005, 11:19 AM
I hate these hands. If this was 22-66 UTG I'd fold it as I just don't want to get involved, but this one I might limp and hope button pushes to take out the blinds and I'd gladly call him. Depends on table though as maybe a 2.75-3xBB could take it down at some tight tables.