PDA

View Full Version : Super System....not a faq

johnnybeef
03-26-2005, 07:20 AM
Ive read virtually every 2+2 book in print, but, i have never read more than a 100 or so pages of super system. after just finishing hoh, im looking for a new read until vol. 2 comes out. im curious if there are any sections that are so out of date that the advice is obsolete, and in turn a waste of my time.

thankks,

johnny

Rianna
03-26-2005, 07:59 AM
Johnny, vol 2 is out (I'm in Reno)and altho I'd buy it, I was disappointed in it. I love Doyle but there's nothing I could find that isn't already out there more than once.

I just finished a fine book called "The making of a Poker Player" by Matt Matros, I highly recommend it. Has a lot of decent, important technical things BUT the last two chapter are worth twice the price, excellent poker stories very well written.

It's 14 bucks at Barnes and Noble, well worth it.

Rianna.

Nfinity
03-26-2005, 08:03 AM
If your talking about the original SS then a lot is "obsolete". Most Hi-Low split games are played with qualifiers now and the blind structure has changed for Limit hold'em, which changes the strategy a lot. It's definently a recommended read though because it has great overall poker wisdom. Try picking up SS2, it's worth the money as well.

johnnybeef
03-26-2005, 08:06 AM
ive already read the sections that im interested in in it.

johnnybeef
03-26-2005, 08:11 AM
[ QUOTE ]
it has great overall poker wisdom

[/ QUOTE ]

this is kinda what im looking for. my point in posting was to find if there is anything in the hilo split sections and limit holdem (or even draw) along these lines that i will pick up on??? as ive said ive read (and reread many) almost all 2+2 books, so i have a very good understanding of poker strategy. im just trying to learn the ins and outs away from the play of hands.

Nfinity
03-26-2005, 08:42 AM
Then you'll want to at least give Super System a complete skimming through.(By this i mean read, but don't study intensly like you would a 2+2 book.) Also make sure you read Mike Caro's SS2 section "MCU" for tons of this type of information.

johnnybeef
03-26-2005, 08:43 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Then you'll want to at least give Super System a complete skimming through.(By this i mean read, but don't study intensly like you would a 2+2 book.) Also make sure you read Mike Caro's SS2 section "MCU" for tons of this type of information.

[/ QUOTE ]

k thanks

royaltrux
03-26-2005, 09:40 AM
You should SS2 not SS1 for the Hi/Lo and Limit sections.