PDA

View Full Version : Does this ever happen to you?

Easystreet
03-26-2005, 06:16 AM
This has happened to me a few times before, I can only assume my opponents are multi tabling and hitting the wrong button by mistake. Villain folded the river when I checked!

I have no read on my opponents I've only played a few hands at the table.
PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP3 with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/club.gif.
<font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, CO calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (6.50 SB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls, BB folds.

Turn: (4.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, CO calls.

River: (6.25 BB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, CO folds.

Final Pot: 6.25 BB

Go Blue
03-26-2005, 06:30 AM
Hmmm...that's interesting. I've had it happen to me once on Party, where given the way the hand played out, I was SURE I was beat and had my mouse over where the "fold" button would come up and my opponent folded first to act.

I'm not sure what the deal there was but I doubt it's becuase he's multitabling because if you click fold, the "it's free to check...are you sure you want to fold?" thing comes up...at least it does on Party, I'm not sure about stars. Maybe your opponent had 3 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 4 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif (which is realistic in this case) and knew he couldn't beat any hand of yours so he folded to speed things up.

jaxUp
03-26-2005, 06:48 AM
could be a 34, 45, 35 missed draw. Open-folding is highly underrated. It makes your checks look much stronger. I recommend open-folding about a tenth of the hands you see the flop with.

aK13
03-26-2005, 06:48 AM
I (and most of my friends) play on party, so I'm not sure how the other sites work regarding the "fold to check" scenario (as #2 said), and no, I've never seen it.

On the other hand, I (and my friends too), when multitabling, sometimes bet/raise when we mean to check on party (I've done 72o EP =/).

deepsquat
03-26-2005, 06:57 AM
yeah happened in this hand

http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&amp;Number=2001482&amp;page=9&amp;view=c ollapsed&amp;sb=5&amp;o=14&amp;fpart=1

He raised the turn on me then folded th eriver.