PDA

View Full Version : Re-raised ITM with A6o

Beck
03-26-2005, 05:30 AM
Villain and button had both played very tight on the bubble, but loosened up quite a bit once in the money. Hence, I might still have the best hand, not being dominated.

Party Poker No-Limit Hold'em Tourney, Big Blind is t300 (3 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Button (t3495)
Hero (t2040)
BB (t2465)

Preflop: Hero is SB with A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.

Hero raises to 1000, Villain raises all in, Hero ??

I did call, figuring (as mentioned above) that I wasn't necessarily dominated. However in the hindsight, if I was willing to go all-in preflop, I guess I should have pushed myself.

bigredlemon
03-26-2005, 07:24 AM
push PF
since you didn't push, i'd lay it down here since you don't HAVE to play this hand.
you're behind everything he could re-raise with except QK. You're even 50-50 with 78s.

A6o is a good hand to push with, but not a hand you want to be called with, nor a hand you want to be calling all ins with

johnnybeef
03-26-2005, 08:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if I was willing to go all-in preflop, I guess I should have pushed myself.

[/ QUOTE ] you answered your own ?

Nacarno
03-26-2005, 08:06 AM
When the BB is 300 do you really think anyone is going to lay down KJ or QJ to your all-in? Pre-flop action doesn't really matter in this case. If the money's going in, it doesn't matter in which order it happens.