PDA

View Full Version : If the Heads Up Championship was done online...

Popinjay
03-26-2005, 04:17 AM
If that NBC Heads Up Championship was done online, with each player sitting behind a computer screen, would David Sklansky be the clear favorite to win?

NLSoldier
03-26-2005, 04:55 AM
No.

You are suggesting that the edge the other players have over him comes purely from physical tells. This is not the case.

SoftcoreRevolt
03-26-2005, 05:33 AM
Ed Miller would be the real winner, right?

Rianna
03-26-2005, 07:32 AM
With all due respect for David, I used to pla with him at the Golden Nugget in the late 70's, 80's and then again at the Bike, have studied all of his fine books for years, he would IMO be one a top favorite I believe but there are many fine short handed players out there.

At Paradise there's a guy name of "Durrr" that plays a very strong game for example.

I'd love to see such a match, great idea

Sponger15SB
03-26-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]

With all due respect for David, I used to pla with him at the Golden Nugget in the late 70's, 80's and then again at the Bike, have studied all of his fine books for years, he would IMO be one a top favorite I believe but there are many fine short handed players out there.

At Paradise there's a guy name of "Durrr" that plays a very strong game for example.

I'd love to see such a match, great idea

[/ QUOTE ]

Was durrr invited to play this year?

Stock Whiz
03-26-2005, 01:35 PM
The online computer kid from Tilt would most likely be the favorite.

jdock99
03-26-2005, 06:57 PM
I imagine that the players who have actually been playing and winning playing online shorthanded no limit poker would be a favorite (if such a thing exists) because of their huge advantage in experience playing under this format. And unlike the NBC event, the hands would go so fast that one could get in many more hands per level, negating the variance factor from rising blinds.

Oluwafemi
03-26-2005, 07:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I imagine that the players who have actually been playing and winning playing online shorthanded no limit poker would be a favorite (if such a thing exists) because of their huge advantage in experience playing under this format. And unlike the NBC event, the hands would go so fast that one could get in many more hands per level, negating the variance factor from rising blinds.

[/ QUOTE ]

then you have to factor in whether David's game theory skills would even work against faceless and often unknown opponents.

cwsiggy
03-26-2005, 07:41 PM
I would imagine D'agostino would do quite well.

Rianna
03-27-2005, 08:24 AM
Sponger....I don't have a clue but I began playing with this guy over a year ago, mosly NL, PL and he's won some serious money online playing shorthanded, 2, 3 handed.

He also won a seat (I don't think many were given out)to Paradises' million dollar tourney.

This guy CAN play and the shorter (the higher)the better from what I've seen. He's got my respect.

Rianna