PDA

View Full Version : posters that are dumb

somethingstupid
03-26-2005, 04:14 AM
I frequently frequent a forum. This forum which I frequent will remain nameless. In this forum, there is at least one well respected, perhaps I should say highly well respected, poster. Because of my respect for this posted, I did a search on previous posts of this poster. This resulted in me finding a post in which said poster described their _extremeley_ mediocre lifetime winrate. Oh [censored], now what? I now need to turn around my beliefs on this poster? I now need to search previous posts of every other supposedly respected poster? I need to drink way less before I post such incomprehensible drivel? Flame me, talk to me, sypathize with me. THANK YOU OOT.

AngryCola
03-26-2005, 04:19 AM
http://ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/positive1.jpg

Ianco15
03-26-2005, 04:40 AM
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/newbie7.jpg

somethingstupid
03-26-2005, 04:44 AM
Perhaps you misunderstand. I do not believe I am nearly as good as this poster in question. However, I feel like if I am going to take advice from someone, I would rather it come from someone crushing the game I play, rather than someone who barely brakes even but posts a _lot_. Does this make sense?

Shillx
03-26-2005, 04:52 AM
A good player does not equal a good poster by any means (and vice versa). WTF are we taking about poker in here for anyway.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

somethingstupid
03-26-2005, 04:59 AM
[ QUOTE ]
A good player does not equal a good poster by any means (and vice versa).

[/ QUOTE ]

This is a good point. And the poster in question always has seriously sound logic in his/her posts. Possibly when it comes to playing he/she has trouble applying the concepts at full speed, etc? I guess I should just work on having logical discussions with the poster and not worrying about the fact that they post a lot?

[ QUOTE ]

WTF are we taking about poker in here for anyway.... /images/graemlins/confused.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Even better point. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ucfryan
03-26-2005, 05:03 AM
http://g.myspace.com/00046/98/65/46415689_l.jpg

Reef
03-26-2005, 05:52 AM
if I never saw this picture in another post for the rest of my life, I would be fine with that.

BreakEvenPlayer
03-26-2005, 06:27 AM
Nah man, I think this pic is golden for another 9.5 months.

MarkL444
03-26-2005, 06:45 AM
[ QUOTE ]
if I never saw this picture in another post for the rest of my life, I would be fine with that.

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, its really not that funny. the trend of posting the same picture repeatedly is getting a little out of control. when things get out of hand, they lose their funny pretty quick. although the bruiser, daryn, etc one will probably be funny forever. and nolan's "welcome to the forum, the waters fine" version is the funniest thing ive seen all week.

bugstud
03-26-2005, 06:49 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

yeah, its really not that funny. the trend of posting the same picture repeatedly is getting a little out of control. when things get out of hand, they lose their funny pretty quick. although the bruiser, daryn, etc one will probably be funny forever. and nolan's "welcome to the forum, the waters fine" version is the funniest thing ive seen all week.

[/ QUOTE ]

at least move around between them.

kyro
03-26-2005, 06:58 AM
Hmm, I can think of one particular poster who I think is pretty dumb right about now.

codewarrior
03-26-2005, 09:46 AM
For some sick, sad, reason, that picture just hasn't quite gotten old for me yet.

He's kinda funny like a wiener dog, sorta.

radek2166
03-26-2005, 10:22 AM
[ QUOTE ]
http://www.ebaumsworld.com/forumfun/newbie7.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Nice!!!

radek2166
03-26-2005, 10:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
welcome to the forum, the waters fine

[/ QUOTE ]

link please

radek2166
03-26-2005, 10:26 AM
The pool is a a good picture!

cnfuzzd
03-26-2005, 02:08 PM
lifetime winrates are a bit deceptive. Unless youve banked over 250K hands at any given level, you cant be sure of your exact winrate, although you could come somewhat close. Also, as players become more skilled, their potential winrate increases, so the poster in question might have described his winrate before he or she reached his current skill level. I wouldnt worry about it too much. Winrates are kind of irrelevent over any length of time less than several years.

peace

john nickle

FrankLu99
03-28-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
http://g.myspace.com/00046/98/65/46415689_l.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

/images/graemlins/smile.gif maybe someone could tell this kid how popular he is on the OOT. I know how it is to go thru HS without being really popular

SomethingClever
03-28-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I frequently frequent a forum. This forum which I frequent will remain nameless. In this forum, there is at least one well respected, perhaps I should say highly well respected, poster. Because of my respect for this posted, I did a search on previous posts of this poster. This resulted in me finding a post in which said poster described their _extremeley_ mediocre lifetime winrate. Oh [censored], now what? I now need to turn around my beliefs on this poster? I now need to search previous posts of every other supposedly respected poster? I need to drink way less before I post such incomprehensible drivel? Flame me, talk to me, sypathize with me. THANK YOU OOT.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm. I doubt you are talking about me because I doubt anyone would describe me as "respected."

But since your username sounds a bit like mine, I can't rule out the possibility that you're my own personal troll.

I am not ashamed of my lifetime winrate of 0.3 BB/100 at 2/4 BTW /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

I'm actually a little proud... sniff...

antidan444
03-28-2005, 06:20 PM
I don't know anyone who would type "posters that are dumb" who is not dumb.

I also don't know any posters that are dogs, cats, parrots, hamsters, horses, ferrets or any other non-human animal.

I'm sure there are a few posters WHO are dumb, however.

(I'm in a nitpicky mood today. What can I say?)