PDA

View Full Version : Unsuccessful tournament player with Qs

damn_river
03-26-2005, 03:41 AM
1. I can't remember the exact details, but generally speaking... In a R&A tournament,i get TT in MP. I am in 15th place with about 60 players left (we just got into the money). Someone raises ~3/5 his stack from UG. Folds to me. I have him covered but would be very weak if i lose to his total stack and very strong if i beat him. How would you play from this point? The BB was at like 7k. His raise was to about 25k.

2. Are there any good poker books that discuss playing in tournaments where the blinds increase quickly (like normal internet games)? Something for a beginner.

3. I try to observe people i see often successful in tourneys, but can't say i've gained much from it. Do you use this strategy to learn? What do you look for? Do you study players that play in higher buy-ins? Do you try to study the same player or different players?

Thanks,
dR

damn_river
03-26-2005, 04:55 AM
Can i get some help over here, or what?

dR

PukaPlaya
03-26-2005, 05:12 AM
Sounds like you are crushed or it's a coin flip without more info.

How had villain been playing? It looks to me like he wants action??

If you want to gamble and think it's a coin flip or you think he could make that raise with 99 or less it's a maybe call and push if no scare cards come up but there is plenty to think about...

Hard to say with no read or pattern on villain.

ZBTHorton
03-26-2005, 12:34 PM
If your trying to win the tournament, make that call.

If you just want to move up to make more money, fold.

damn_river
03-26-2005, 06:21 PM
i play to win. on this hand i moved all in. Why is calling better than pushing here?

dR

Roman
03-26-2005, 06:37 PM
it isn't.

Roman
03-26-2005, 06:38 PM
Even though I dont know your stack or his really (even though I can guess his), this is a pretty easy push imho.

PukaPlaya
03-26-2005, 07:15 PM
Okay so I guess I am too conservative on this hand...

What was the result of your all in?

damn_river
03-26-2005, 07:38 PM
Someone else ended up calling all in from late position short stacked with ako and UG also called with ajo. An ace fell on the turn. There went my tourney. If i had won the pot i wouldve been top three, lost and was in like 50th. I guess I can't be upset with the play, but it is frustrating because i can't seem to make $ playing MTTs.

dR