PDA

View Full Version : AQo hand, raised on the BB.

DontRaisePlz
03-26-2005, 02:27 AM
PokerStars 1/2 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB calls, Hero calls, UTG calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, UTG checks, MP1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 bets</font>, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, UTG folds, MP1 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls.

Turn: (8 BB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, MP3 folds, SB calls.

River: (10 BB) 2/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks.

Final Pot: 10 BB

All unknowns. Table stats are relatively loose for a PS 1/2 but not quite .5/1 Party loose.

Flop and river play - comments please.

jaxUp
03-26-2005, 02:39 AM
looks wicked sweet.

budidharma
03-26-2005, 03:02 AM
I agree with your play, except on the river. On the flop, if you are behind, its only by a little. Because there were so many callers, the pots laying you 10:1. If you're not already ahead, you have 5 outs to improve (3A and 2Q) - a little better than 5:1.

Your check raise is the right play, if he reraised at that point, I would have folded and put him on a pair of kings or better. Since he didn't, I would have raised on the turn as well.

However, I would have raised on the river as well. The SB limped, which meant he either had a monster to cold call two bets from his position, or he is dead money.

He hasn't raised a single time during the whole hand - which makes me put him on dead money. Put in another bet.

Ianco15
03-26-2005, 04:01 AM
Value bet this river.

Yobz
03-26-2005, 04:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Value bet this river.

[/ QUOTE ]

I sorta like the check...maybe I'm missing value bets, but if SB was chasing the flush then he won't call. If he was hoping to get 2-pair or something or trips with a small PP then he likely won't call.

I feel like SB will call if he beats you or is slightly worse, but will fold almost all hands you beat (except Q lower kicker)...I feel like SB has Kx with some crappy kicker and scared to bet into so much aggression...anyone agree?

Ianco15
03-26-2005, 04:12 AM
You make a good point Yobz. I think I might check it too in real life even though I said to bet it here.

vhuntd
03-26-2005, 04:17 AM
I think that you should check call the end. You could be up against almost anything depending on the player and given that you have no read on him you shouldn't attempt a value bet in this situation. Hands i wouldn't be surprised to see by the player AK (if he's very passive), KJ, KT, JJ, TT. Most micro players will call you with any of those holdings on the river so without any player reads, you should probably check call since there are more hands that beat you than that you beat.

FreakDaddy
03-26-2005, 05:18 AM
I like the flop isolation with middle pair. I'd bet/fold the turn here (which you did). River check good. SB could have been on draw and missed, but without a read it's a check. Looks OK to me.