PDA

View Full Version : board double-pairs.. then gets scarry

riffraff
03-26-2005, 02:01 AM
no stats on villian.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG+1 with 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, Hero calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (4 SB) 4/images/graemlins/club.gif, 4/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls, BB folds, UTG folds.

Turn: (3 BB) 5/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, SB calls.

River: (5 BB) A/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero ???

detruncate
03-26-2005, 02:22 AM
Folds. He liked his hand enough to call 2 streets, and one of your best hopes (Ax) just went up in flames. Your only real chance is that he's playing the board. 6:1 isn't enough here when any piece beats you.

riffraff
03-26-2005, 05:45 AM
I guess I've had too many people taking shots at me for some reason or another.. because I make thin calls and they are more often than not bluffing. My first thought was to call since the bet came out of nowhere and didn't make a lot of sense if they were full (why not raise the turn?). Anyone else have a line against a stranger in this spot?

aK13
03-26-2005, 06:24 AM
I'm new here, so I probably don't know much about what I'm talking about but I'll try to take a shot at it.

In this situation, you'd be getting 6 to 1. Based on pot equity (I think?), you'd need to win this hand over 1/6 times to be profitable (about 16%).

With no read though, this decision is hard, since pretty much the only hand you have beat is a bluff, so I think the decision comes down to determining whether you're 85% or more certain that he's got an Ace (or possibly 23...) I would probably call, if nothing else, to convince myself that my read was right.

@bsolute_luck
03-26-2005, 08:37 AM
with no read and no one behind you, i'd call. at least then you get a read and no one is going to raise you.

yeah, you're probably beat, but at least you can take a note.

Aaron W.
03-26-2005, 12:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]
no stats on villian.

[/ QUOTE ]

Try to get reads. Stats are less helpful.

riffraff
03-26-2005, 04:19 PM
Well could do neither with him only at the table for less than an orbit. I called and he turned over K7o. MHIG. Found out soon enuf that he was like this more often than not when contesting a pot. Might be results oriented thinking but looking up a random party micro-limit guy for 6-1 when he has shown zero aggression the entire hand can't be off by that much.