PDA

View Full Version : long term winner?

Sinnister
03-26-2005, 01:55 AM
heres a hand id like some feedback on

im dealth aj spades in a 7 handed game i raise fairly early called by pretty much everyone

flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif j /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I am first to act so i bet and get 2 callers
turn is a 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif . I bet 1 folds 1 raises makin me think he either has trip 4s or some ragged 2 pair this is a .50/1 game so anything is possible, but i have tp flush draw and i reraise he caps it. riv is a random 10 an i check he checks behind me and shows trip 4s. Should i have capped the turn or just called. Maybe check fold the river???
this is low limit and im slowly learning that low limit turn raises demand respect im even thinking of dumping top pair to low limit turn raises any advice would be appreciated

PokerBob
03-26-2005, 02:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
heres a hand id like some feedback on

im dealth aj spades in a 7 handed game i raise fairly early called by pretty much everyone

flop comes 9 /images/graemlins/spade.gif j /images/graemlins/diamond.gif 6 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

I am first to act so i bet and get 2 callers
turn is a 4 /images/graemlins/heart.gif . I bet 1 folds 1 raises makin me think he either has trip 4s or some ragged 2 pair this is a .50/1 game so anything is possible, but i have tp flush draw and i reraise he caps it. riv is a random 10 an i check he checks behind me and shows trip 4s. Should i have capped the turn or just called. Maybe check fold the river???
this is low limit and im slowly learning that low limit turn raises demand respect im even thinking of dumping top pair to low limit turn raises any advice would be appreciated

[/ QUOTE ]

When you get raised on the turn, calling down is fine unless you improve.

Be happy, he checked behind, and you would have HAD to call his river bet.

Also .5/1 and 1/2 hand posts belong in the Micro-Limit forum.

shark6
03-26-2005, 10:48 AM
Turn raises by a sane player generally mean they can beat top pair. I think one of the hardest things to learn is when to fold top pair.

In this hand you had the nut flush draw and an overcard heads up (HU), so I'd just call the turn raise. On the river if he did bet, the pot is just too big to fold TPTK, so I'd just call also and hope he shows you some overplayed middle pocket pair.