PDA

View Full Version : If you could choose your table...

LethalRose
03-26-2005, 01:40 AM
800 people tournament
80 tables

what table do you want to be on and why.

Me? id take table 20. I know im going to be there a while and I dont want to be in the top 6-7 of tables because people will often track them (as I do) and are able to get a feel for how i play before I can them.

I know some people here would prefer 1 everytime, im curious to know why.

crookedhat99
03-26-2005, 02:08 AM
wait...why do you track the top 6-7 tables?

citanul
03-26-2005, 02:25 AM
uh, so he can have information on them when/if he gets there.

i prefer any very low numbered table.

citanul

LethalRose
03-26-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
uh, so he can have information on them when/if he gets there.

i prefer any very low numbered table.

citanul

[/ QUOTE ]

why? is it +EV? does your style take adv of it?

Roman
03-26-2005, 02:27 AM
The weak tight one /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Che
03-26-2005, 02:34 AM
Table 38, assuming this is a Party skin, obviously.

That way I can play really laggy the first hour as I attempt to hit a big hand, but then I get to move to a new table and establish a tight image when the blind/stack ratio starts to zoom up.

Later,
Che

CardSharpCook
03-26-2005, 02:41 AM
Table One, all the way. I am so much better when I get sit and watch players. To be able to watch the same players ALL TOURNEY LONG (or at least never having to learn 9 new players at once) is SO very valuable to me. True, I could open up some high number tables and get PT stats, but that doesn't help me as much as seeing the data come to life. Besides, I just don't do this (often). That other players may be watching me is fine with me. They will learn to respect my play, and respect leads to folding. <shrug> maybe. I'm not too concerned about others developing strategies to beat me, I will adapt. But, back on point, it is a lot easier to adapt by learning one player at a time.

CSC

bugstud
03-26-2005, 02:45 AM
doesn't matter to me, to be honest, but I don't recall doing well when starting low. The chips accumulate there faster so the bigger stacks harrass you more, unless you are the accumulator. If I could get moved to the next highest table everytime, I might be golden.

EDIT: wow, that is contradictory. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Potowame
03-26-2005, 02:47 AM
I have never ran across one of those yet in a 5-10 buy-in. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

CardSharpCook
03-26-2005, 02:47 AM
[ QUOTE ]
doesn't matter to me, to be honest, but I don't recall doing well when starting low. The chips accumulate there faster so the bigger stacks harrass you more, unless you are the accumulator. If I could get moved to the next highest table everytime, I might be golden.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why do you assume that table 1 accumulates chips faster than other tables?

CSC

housenuts
03-26-2005, 02:48 AM
so party breaks this highest #'d tables first? this doesn't seem to be fair or random. and it offers said advantages/disadvantages.

at pokerstars it is random. that's where i play. for example the tables left right now are 1, 8, 13, 53

LethalRose
03-26-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

Im not sure why this is but it always seems to be....

[ QUOTE ]
so party breaks this highest #'d tables first? this doesn't seem to be fair or random. and it offers said advantages/disadvantages.

at pokerstars it is random. that's where i play. for example the tables left right now are 1, 8, 13, 53

[/ QUOTE ]

Pokerstars doesnt allow the kind of datamining that party/empire does so its not really that big of a benefit if they did eliminate tables the same way party/empire does.

HoldingFolding
03-26-2005, 06:02 AM
Yes, this can be a real pain. Starting on table 90 and getting moved every 5 or 10 minutes - usually so you get the blinds twice in a row too! Give me a top 20 table every time.

PukaPlaya
03-26-2005, 06:31 AM
I like a top 10-20 just so I don't get reblinded and reseated as frequently if nothing else. If I am known or a chip leader people will watch regardless of seating.

bugstud
03-26-2005, 07:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

well, if anyone on the first 4-5 tables busts quickly, the stack accumulation and busting people keeps moving fresh blood there, and since that table is never reseated it tends to happen. I know my table in one of the 200k's, table 2, had some ridiculous portion of chips in play throughout the money once I was moved there.

I should track this at some point