PDA

View Full Version : What's Your Line Here?

MeanGreenTT
03-26-2005, 12:52 AM
Live tourney, $45 buy-in with 100 players for T1000, 20 minute rounds starting at 10/15 and final 9 pay.

Blinds are at 75/150. UTG raised to 600, he's a known player and is in 2nd for the March points race. The final 9 players all get points based on the # of players beaten. Totals are kept throughout the month and the winner gets a trophy and jacket. Brad is a known, solid player and I've played with him several time and watched him cash his fair share. This seemed like a standard raise for him and I put him on a "real" hand here and not something like a low pp or suited connectors, etc. He probably has T2000 after the raise.

A kid who's new to the table flat-calls leaving himself with T350. I fold with junk and it's onto the button. We end up seeing his cards but let's assume they're yours and you look down at KK. Calling will leave you with T750.

What's your play...I think it's a no-brainer!

lastchance
03-26-2005, 12:57 AM
Easy push.

LethalRose
03-26-2005, 12:59 AM
even baby jesus pushes here

CardSharpCook
03-26-2005, 01:28 AM
why push? See a flop. If there is no ace, you push. If there is an ace, you can be reasonable certain that one of the other two has an ace and can fold your monster.

CSC

MeanGreenTT
03-26-2005, 10:29 AM
I thought pushing was the easy answer here too, 2-1 so far /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
why push? See a flop. If there is no ace, you push. If there is an ace, you can be reasonable certain that one of the other two has an ace and can fold your monster.

CSC

[/ QUOTE ]

If he had a bigger stack maybe, and I've actually played hands this way before, letting an early bettor, bet your monster for you.

If he calls here, he's left with T750 if he has to fold to a flopped Ace. There's no real room but to move in with the next decent hand on this or the next orbit considering the blinds.

Anyone else have thoughts on this, I'm very curious to see what others would do, thanks!

SossMan
03-26-2005, 10:43 AM
dear god, i hope you aren't considering a fold.

flat calling is okay if we had something like 1200 behind, but with only 750, i like pushing now.

MeanGreenTT
03-26-2005, 10:51 AM
[ QUOTE ]
dear god, i hope you aren't considering a fold.

flat calling is okay if we had something like 1200 behind, but with only 750, i like pushing now.

[/ QUOTE ]

I was watching this hand but the KK player took a long time to make his decision and after seeing his cards, I didn't understand all the time he took, I thought and still do think it was an easy decision, thanks.

One Armed Dwarf
03-26-2005, 11:28 AM
CSC's suggestion to call surprised me, but it is greater EV by my calculations. I think I'd choose to call. Comments on calculations or other considerations?

EV all-in ~= 880
EV call ~= 970

Calculations below for those that care...

In pot = 600+600+150+75 = 1425
Money left = 750 (UTG) + 350 (caller) = 1100

If button goes all-in, UTG and caller get great pot odds and call anything. I put them each on the same range of reasonable raising hands (AA-77,AK-AJ,KQ) and came out with a 57.5% chance that you win the pot.

EV all-in = 0.575 * 2525 + 0.425 * -1350 = 878

If you call and play the flop. For simplicity, I'm assuming that they always fold when an Ace doesn't come and that you always fold when an Ace comes. This is not a reasonable assumption obviously, but I think the other players will pay you off as often as they outflop or outdraw you. An ace comes on 22.6% of all flops.

EV call = 0.774 * 1425 + 0.226 * -600 = 967

Potowame
03-26-2005, 12:17 PM
[ QUOTE ]

i like pushing now.

[/ QUOTE ]

Vince Van Patten says it best with his Play by Play.

Getting down to crunch time lets get to the action.

solid guy is first to act , He looks down at XX. Its a good hand lets see what he is going to do.

solid guy: I raise to 600

Nice raise, this looks like it could turn into a big pot.

MR LAGGY MCNEVERFOLD, is next to act. Now he needs to go all-in or fold here if he wants to play.

Mr. LAGGY MCNEVERFOLD: I call

Oh , I dont like that play ........

looks like where going to be heads up to the flop.

Oh wait , lookie here, MR. Ihavethe2ndnuts has KK. Happy days are here. Look at how Mr. Nuts is controling his emotions a sign of a true pro.

MR. Ihavethe2ndnuts : I am All-IN

There it is , that was the right move................