PDA

View Full Version : Don't forget to read!!!

JoeBoo
03-25-2005, 11:55 PM
Don't forget to re-read SSH if you find yourself in the middle of a downswing. I started playing before I found 2+2, played .5/1, 1/2, and even sat down at 2/4 with my last $56 of my $100 bankroll. I held my own and even won at 2/4 (1 session catching great cards at the jackpot tables at Party). Then I found 2+2 and read SSH. Before that I had no idea about the proper bankroll or downswings. I stopped playing until I read SSH 3 times and then started again at Party .5/1. Since I returned I have been beating that game for >4BB/100 over 5000 hands with no significant downswings. I recently decided to start bonus whoring at Paradise with a $200 deposit. While playing .5/1 at Paradise I noticed a couple of things...first Party is really the promised land as far as table selection and quality of players go. Even so, through the first 500 raked hands at Paradise (1/2 the bonus) I was killing that game too, up $70 plus the $50 I had cleared of the $100 bonus. Then my first real downswing hit, within 2 days I had lost my $70 in winnings and more, I ended up clearing the bonus with a $91 profit...of a possible $100 in bonus money...no profit from playing. I then deposited $500 at Empire to get the $100 signup bonus and it seems my bad run has followed me there, after two days I'm down a little but playing scared. That's when I decided to go back and re-read SSH. I can't believe what a pussy I have been playing like since this bad run set in. Post flop I have lost all my aggression, especially from the turn on. My re-reading of SSH has been a real eye opener and I am very confident that I will be able to turn things around, (but I really have not been even seeing any cards worth playing...but this happens).

PS: If you do not yet Bonus Whore then go for it, you have nothing to lose, I used to think that I would just make my money from playing to buid my bankroll and move up that way. I still intend to move up but why not take advantage of the free money from the bonuses...I took a losing week and turned it into +91BB by chasing the bonus. I really believe that the Paradise bonus is the best place to start with the GRANNY code because it gives you the 100% bonus...then move on to the Party Skin signup bonuses from there.

I'de also like to dispel the implication that you have to at lease 4 table to clear bonuses. I cleared the Paradise bonus (1000 raked hands for $100) in less than a week by playing 2 tables for 2 - 3 hours a day. The table selection there is terrible...at best 10 - 15 .5/1 tables running, and that's on the weekend, but you can clear the bonus easily in a short period of time (hopefully you do better than I did).

I have read conflicting posts both here and at Bonuswhores.com about how to whore the Party Skins. From my experience, all I had to do is sing up for a cash account on a clean computer (One that has never had a Party Skin installed on it) AND THEN DEPOSIT on my own computer to Empire. I used a new hotmail account, username, and password, but I'm not sure how much of that was necessary. The post in the Internet Gambling section on whoring Party Skins says you should deposit from the clean computer, for me that wasn't the case.