PDA

View Full Version : 10-20 6 max too tough to beat because of rake??

jdock99
03-25-2005, 11:24 PM
I am a 15-30 party player. I have played a little of the 10-20 6 max, and I have noticed the vast majority of the players play very passive,weak, and tight, which in itself doesn't create too much of a problem because you just adjust your play, meaning with most of the players you push until they push back and then you fold. However, using this strategy, which seems to me to be the best one in most of the games, you are paying a very high % of the rake, and this coupled with the high # of hands played makes me wonder if this game is really beatable for an appreciable amount. I don't really have any intention of playing in the game, so don't worry all you 10-20 pros, just something I was thinking about and wondering if others thought the same.

Jeff W
03-25-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have noticed the vast majority of the players play very passive,weak, and tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of us lives in Bizarro world.

jrobb83
03-25-2005, 11:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I have noticed the vast majority of the players play very passive,weak, and tight

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
with most of the players you push until they push back and then you fold

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
makes me wonder if this game is really beatable for an appreciable amount

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are playing according to the two assumptions listed above, it's not beatable for an appreciable amount. And its not because of paying more rake.

geormiet
03-26-2005, 02:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I have noticed the vast majority of the players play very passive,weak, and tight.

[/ QUOTE ]

One of us lives in Bizarro world.

[/ QUOTE ]

Truly, I will second this.

jdock99
03-26-2005, 05:10 AM
Ok, after reading your posts I went back and played a little 10-20 tonight (Friday night). The games definitely were a lot more loose aggressive then they had been in any of my previous forays. I do not know if this was because it was a better time/day or maybe this is the norm and I was just exercising incredibly bad game selection earlier. And yes, I did lose fairly big to the gooneybirds hitting their straights/flushes/bottom two pair/etc. on the river. Maybe I was better off with the weak tight games I was in earlier.

TStoneMBD
03-26-2005, 12:00 PM
aggressive is not necessarily > than passive. passive is not necessarily > than aggressive.

if you cant beat passive games than its because youre doing something wrong.

Michael Davis
03-26-2005, 12:02 PM
"so don't worry all you 10-20 pros, just something I was thinking about and wondering if others thought the same."

If your assessment is correct, who exactly are these 10-20 pros who cannot exist yet should answer your question?

-Michael