PDA

View Full Version : Who will win the East?

04-04-2002, 11:21 PM
Not that they will go anywhere in the NBA Finals, but who is going to win the East? I have no clue, I can't put any team on anything. I haven't felt so uncertain about something like this in years. Just want to hear some opinions out there.

By my ratings, the Nets are the top team by about a point. If they were in the West, I would have them as the 8th team, isn't that pathetic? Imagine if a team like Charlotte or Milwaukee got there and played Sacramento or San Antonio. That would produce ratings like the Stanley Cup or a preseason NFL game...

04-05-2002, 12:38 AM
Ouch, I love the Stanley cup..

I agree that it is pretty much a crapshoot in the East.. The only hope they have is that the teams in the West kill each other until they can't field a team once they get to the finals..

Having said that, Philly is my favourite, IF they can get healthy... I know this is a huge if, but you never know.. Nets are going to be good for quite a few years to come if they can maintain their cohesiveness, but they don't have the play-off experience just yet...

Bucs may have a shot as well, but they need to start playing up to their potential.. I have NOT been impressed with them this season...

The West should be great though... I'm rooting for Dallas, but you'd have to be insane to bet against the Lakers IMO, unless Shaq goes down somehow..

04-05-2002, 04:00 AM
You never know, Dallas might have a shot, but the odds you get offered are terrible. Big wildcard this year will be the zone defense. Teams haven't really used it much, but come playoff time where defense and half-court games are the rule I think smart coaches might use it alot more than anyone expects. Key for Mavs will be to get the home court edge over the Lakers (along with beating the Spurs out) because I think as crazy as it seems I think the Lakers are the team out of the top 3 that they have the best chance of beating. If they get them in Round 2 and with home court that would be their best shot. Not a great shot, but their best shot. Lakers could be given trouble if the Mavs can somehow get into a bunch of shootouts and find a way to hit a higher % of shots that would be their best chance because I think only the Kings have a chance at beating the Lakers playing typical playoff game pace.