PDA

View Full Version : Why am I aweful at Halo 2?

GoblinMason (Craig)
03-25-2005, 11:09 PM
Like many others here, I waste a lot of time playing Halo 2 on xbox live. However, I'm a Halo fish. I play mostly on my roommate's (Stacysmom's) account that's level 11 and I consistently get pwned. I just got my own account/xbox and I'm hovering around lvl 7/8 on rumblepit.

I don't think I have noob strategy as Stacysmom has taught me decent strats. He'd probably be lvl 15 or so if others and I didn't drag him down. I just seem to lose when I meet up with others with similar or even worse weapons.

I found another thread on here saying to use higher look sensativity and I've increased to 4 and have gotten used to it. Also I've been trying to move around while shooting too as I also read that's a good strat.

Are there any equivalents to 2+2 for multiplayer Halo 2? Any tips that would allow me to be less noobish would be appreciated.

bugstud
03-25-2005, 11:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Like many others here, I waste a lot of time playing Halo 2 on xbox live. However, I'm a Halo fish. I play mostly on my roommate's (Stacysmom's) account that's level 11 and I consistently get pwned. I just got my own account/xbox and I'm hovering around lvl 7/8 on rumblepit.

I don't think I have noob strategy as Stacysmom has taught me decent strats. He'd probably be lvl 15 or so if others and I didn't drag him down. I just seem to lose when I meet up with others with similar or even worse weapons.

I found another thread on here saying to use higher look sensativity and I've increased to 4 and have gotten used to it. Also I've been trying to move around while shooting too as I also read that's a good strat.

Are there any equivalents to 2+2 for multiplayer Halo 2? Any tips that would allow me to be less noobish would be appreciated.

[/ QUOTE ]

higher = 8-10 sensitivity

play on the training and learn how to use it and get all the maps down, then race for the good weapons. Learning proper aiming and plasma pistol/battle rifle play is key.

ThaSaltCracka
03-25-2005, 11:18 PM
^ word, what he said. Play team training and just practice and learn the levels. My look sensitivity is around 5 I think.

AngryCola
03-26-2005, 12:52 AM
[ QUOTE ]
^ word, what he said. Play team training and just practice and learn the levels. My look sensitivity is around 5 I think.

[/ QUOTE ]

Mine is 6, and I think most people find 5-7 to be best on average.

This reminds me...
I haven't played Halo 2 in some time.
Clearly something is wrong with me.

KidPokerX
03-26-2005, 01:21 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Clearly something is wrong with me.

[/ QUOTE ]

GoblinMason (Craig)
03-26-2005, 01:23 AM
ok, i'll try to move up to at least 5.

Couple other qs:

Given the choice of all the dual wield combos which is most powerful and is it situation specific?

When using the SMG and it's plasma equivelant where should I aim? chest?

Any tips for being a better sniper?

Thanks for the help.

-Craig

AngryCola
03-26-2005, 01:25 AM
I thought you weren't going to respond to my posts anymore?
Link (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showthreaded.php?Cat=&Number=2007365&page=0&view=c ollapsed&sb=5&o=14&fpart=&vc=)
You couldn't even keep it in your pants for 30 minutes.

/images/graemlins/smirk.gif

Weak, btw.

KidPokerX
03-26-2005, 01:26 AM
You failed to meet the terms of our agreement.
Attack on.
Moron.

bugstud
03-26-2005, 01:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ok, i'll try to move up to at least 5.

Couple other qs:

Given the choice of all the dual wield combos which is most powerful and is it situation specific?

When using the SMG and it's plasma equivelant where should I aim? chest?

Thanks for the help.

-Craig

[/ QUOTE ]

We have the problem. Aim for the HEAD.

Dual wielding isn't that good, but plasma pistol + anything human owns.

plasma rifle is good too, but not as instant. using it w/smg or pistol is good. practice will illustrate this

AngryCola
03-26-2005, 01:28 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Attack on.
Moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Huh?

What agreement?
Point me to a post of mine in which I have ever come to any kind of agreement with you.
Go ahead... try!
One doesn't exist.

Attack on?

As I see it, you're the one who came into this thread with a personal attack. And it was an incredibly weak one at that.
If you are going to insult someone, at least make it good.

Why would you post a reply to me after you said you wouldn't respond to my posts again? Because you didn't remember? Or is it because you are immature and can't control yourself?

I never responded to one of your posts after you said that. But you couldn't contain yourself, could you?

That's okay, I understand your control and penis envy issues.
Just don't expect me to deal with it for you.

Be careful, though. (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Number=2000237&page=1&view=colla psed&sb=5&o=14&vc=1)

EOMs

GoblinMason (Craig)
03-26-2005, 01:33 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Attack on.
Moron.

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah I read the other thread and didn't see and agreement. You made the first retarded personal attack on a thread that had nothing to do with you. Now tell me how to be good at Halo /images/graemlins/grin.gif.

AngryCola
03-26-2005, 01:53 AM
So, who has heard about the new maps that I'm hearing are going to cost us $20 (bs)?

ThaSaltCracka
03-26-2005, 02:12 AM
[ QUOTE ]
So, who has heard about the new maps that I'm hearing are going to cost us $20 (bs)?

[/ QUOTE ]2 for free initially, 2 to pay for.

overall, 9 total.

all will be free to download by the end of the summer if you can wait.

MarkL444
03-26-2005, 03:01 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

they need more small maps. that is what the game lacks. i have probably played less than 10 matches in months, because it just bored me. they need to bring back chill out and hang em high. then i would play again.

ceyoung
03-26-2005, 04:23 AM
ive found lately that matchmaking tends to put me in smaller levels more often now. i seem to get to play beaver creek and ascension more than i used to. i think its because people were complaining about getting stuck on the huge maps.

somethingstupid
03-26-2005, 04:39 AM
Most people (maybe not you?) only have time in your life to be pretty damn good at many things, or very good at a few things.

[censored] Halo.

I apologize for being rude. This is just my opinion.

housenuts
03-26-2005, 05:24 AM
because you can't spell?

MarkL444
03-26-2005, 05:31 AM
[ QUOTE ]
ive found lately that matchmaking tends to put me in smaller levels more often now. i seem to get to play beaver creek and ascension more than i used to. i think its because people were complaining about getting stuck on the huge maps.

[/ QUOTE ]

when i said small i meant closed, confined. a level where the snipers arent dominant (and i say this willing to admit i am a very good sniper). chill out is a perfect example of what this game needs. in its exact form.

Ogre
03-26-2005, 05:38 AM
put your sensitivity at whatever you can comfertably shoot with. you do not need it to be high to be succesfull. you must be able to move and shoot at the same time or you have no chance. for rumble pit the rocket/sword are the most powerful weapons (expecially if you are not a good sniper) Mag/plasma assalt rifle are good for duel weilding with your smg or with eachother. Stay away from duel SMG and needler. the shotgun is good but only close quarters. Plasma pistol battle rifle combo is very useful (charge plasma pistol and hit them with burst then switch to BR and hit them in head for 1 shot kill)

i hope this helps
ask riskwise, he plays constantly

Riskwise
03-26-2005, 05:54 AM
[ QUOTE ]
higher = 8-10 sensitivity

[/ QUOTE ]
rediculous. dont go above or below 3-5.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
dual pistols, no question.

[ QUOTE ]
When using the SMG and it's plasma equivelant where should I aim?

[/ QUOTE ]
never aim for head with this. if your planning on winning a fight with this, your gonna be close. and these are both weak spray type weapons so you want to pump as many rounds into them, and you will hit more in the chest than head. but keep in mind this is like the only thing (besides needlers but if your useing those then quit playing the game) you should aim at chest with.

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
play lockout snipers. play normal snipers or no scoping allowed snipers. both make you better at both.

and STOP PLAYING MATCHMAKING. play MLG settings. they are battle rifle start, no secondary, no radar, on lockout, midship, ivory, or beaver. all the other maps are inbalanced. and pizownored, do you play h2? cause i wanna take you up on this. challenge (sorta) (http://forumserver.twoplustwo.com/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=exchange&Number=1514743&Fo rum=f20&Words=so%20you%20wanna%20make%20money%20of f%20video%20games%2C%20eh%3F&Searchpage=0&Limit=10 00&Main=1513267&Search=true&where=sub&Name=18859&d aterange=1&newerval=&newertype=w&olderval=8&oldert ype=w&bodyprev=#Post1514743)

Ogre
03-26-2005, 05:58 AM
^^^ me, you, teamates????

Riskwise
03-26-2005, 06:00 AM
[ QUOTE ]
^^^ me, you, teamates????

[/ QUOTE ]

haha, if he doesnt play h2 and insists we play h1

EDIT: Ogre: i would bet money on it
looks like someone accepted your challenge... /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Riskwise
03-30-2005, 10:05 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bungie, no matter how stupid they are, doesn't work for free. And the thing you cannot debate with is that if it is worth it, you will buy them. If it is not worth it, you will wait until the end of the summer when they are available. If you are actually going to wait until the end of the summer instead of playing $2.25/map, then by all means complain.

ThaSaltCracka
03-30-2005, 10:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Bungie, no matter how stupid they are, doesn't work for free. And the thing you cannot debate with is that if it is worth it, you will buy them. If it is not worth it, you will wait until the end of the summer when they are available. If you are actually going to wait until the end of the summer instead of playing $2.25/map, then by all means complain.

[/ QUOTE ]word.