PDA

View Full Version : Big Ten wins the only BT-ACC challenge that matters

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 10:37 PM
Big Ten goes 2-0 when it matters against the ACC. I guess the reason Illinois only beat Wisconsin and MSU by ten while beating Wake by 20 is that the BT is just that much better. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

3 Big Ten teams left
1 ACC team left
0 Big 12 teams left
2 Big East teams left

And either one of the ACC or one of the Big East teams are going to go down in 2 hours.

Suck it.

Dead
03-25-2005, 10:38 PM
If Villanova could knock off UNC, that would make my night.

It will be tough though, because Villanova is without its 2nd leading scorer and leading rebounder. But they've done it without him before.

JTG51
03-25-2005, 10:40 PM
Didn't you say a couple of weeks ago that you hate all Big Ten teams and don't root for them in the tournament?

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 10:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Didn't you say a couple of weeks ago that you hate all Big Ten teams and don't root for them in the tournament?

[/ QUOTE ]

Except MSU. I like MSU. I do hate Wisconsin. Bucky can suck it.

Here's the thing. Every time I'd post an analysis like ACC isn't as good as the Big East, or Big East is looking overrated, someone always came in and said "well, they are still better than the Big Ten" even though I never ONCE claimed they weren't. Enough of that happens and you feel like pointing it out to them when head to head matchups convincingly go against those teams and the "mid major" Big Ten shows up with 3 teams in the E8 despite only one favorable seed.

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 10:45 PM
BTW, MEBenhoe, feel free to use the same avatar/loc as Dead.

__Q__
03-25-2005, 10:45 PM
Why the specific hate for the badgers? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why the specific hate for the badgers? /images/graemlins/mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Because of their fans.

My personal Big Ten basketball hate list.
1. IU
2. scUM
3. Bucky
4. Squawks
5. NU

JTG51
03-25-2005, 10:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Except MSU. I like MSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right. I don't remember them being on the list of Big Ten schools that you hope burn to the ground. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

MarkL444
03-25-2005, 10:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Except MSU. I like MSU. I do hate Wisconsin. Bucky can suck it.

[/ QUOTE ]

he has a good point there

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 10:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Except MSU. I like MSU.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's right. I don't remember them being on the list of Big Ten schools that you hope burn to the ground. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Don't worry, if Izzo ever leaves and gets replaced by Tom Crean, I'm sure they'd make my list with a bullet. Izzo's such a class act though.

__Q__
03-25-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Because of their fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be jealous /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

JTG51
03-25-2005, 10:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Izzo's such a class act though.

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree with that one. It's hard to root against Izzo.

MarkL444
03-25-2005, 10:55 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Izzo's such a class act though.

[/ QUOTE ]
http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/msu/galleries/m-baskbl-031204/g-izzo2_031204-lg.jpg

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 10:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Because of their fans.

[/ QUOTE ]

you must be jealous /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks for proving my point. Nothing worse than having to listen to arrogance from the ignorant.

I have friends who went to Wisconsin who, despite losing by 10, 11 and 11 against Illinois this year still maintain that they would win if the teams met again. Plus, the goofy way they all pull for any Wisconsin team like it's all in the same gene pool is really silly. Even worse than people rooting for teams from their own conference even though they normally root against them. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

masse75
03-25-2005, 11:01 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Thanks for proving my point. Nothing worse than having to listen to arrogance from the ignorant.

I have friends who went to Wisconsin who, despite losing by 10, 11 and 11 against Illinois this year still maintain that they would win if the teams met again. Plus, the goofy way they all pull for any Wisconsin team like it's all in the same gene pool is really silly. Even worse than people rooting for teams from their own conference even though they normally root against them. /images/graemlins/smirk.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Will readily admit Duke was outhustled and outplayed...any Duke fan that cheers for UNC in ANY situation deserves slow death...

If UNC played Satan, I'd have to think REALLY hard about it...and then root for Satan. 'Course, he and Dean Smith are one and the same.

Huskiez
03-25-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
5. NU

[/ QUOTE ]

How does NU make this?

We're not even good and we don't have many fans.

__Q__
03-25-2005, 11:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I didn't say anything that would imply that Wisconsin has a better basketball team than Illionis. This year Illinois is clearly the better team. Even if both teams meet again and play a 4th time and the badgers win, Illinois will still be the better team. I merely implied that over the long haul, all things and sports being considered, it is clearly better to be a Badger fan.

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 11:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I merely implied that over the long haul, all things and sports being considered, it is clearly better to be a Badger fan.

[/ QUOTE ]

As I said, "their fans". /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Vince Young
03-25-2005, 11:29 PM
Great job proving everyone's point, that Wisconsin, MSU, and Illinois are the only good teams in the Big 10, wrong.

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Great job proving everyone's point, that Wisconsin, MSU, and Illinois are the only good teams in the Big 10, wrong.

[/ QUOTE ]

That was never anyone's point. By the end of the conference season it was "Illinois hasn't played a quality team since December".

zaxx19
03-26-2005, 07:53 AM
If you are a Duke fan and didnt attend Duke, arent from Raleigh Durham or dont have a parent that weened you on Duke.......

Well I assume you are a Yankees fan also.

Transference
03-26-2005, 11:06 AM
[ QUOTE ]
As I said, "their fans".

[/ QUOTE ]

I deem your sample size insufficient.

A much better reason would be that WI and IL teams are usually rivals. Sure Wisconsinites tend to hate FIBs with a passion, but other than that theyre mostly pretty cool people /images/graemlins/grin.gif

nothumb
03-26-2005, 01:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
If you are a Duke fan and didnt attend Duke, arent from Raleigh Durham or dont have a parent that weened you on Duke.......

Well I assume you are a Yankees fan also.

[/ QUOTE ]

zaxx making sense? WTF?

NT

Dead
03-26-2005, 01:54 PM
What does one have to do with the other?

I'm a Yankees fan and I can't stand Duke.

The Ocho
03-26-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What does one have to do with the other?

I'm a Yankees fan and I can't stand Duke.

[/ QUOTE ]

Rooting for Yankee baseball or Duke basketball is like rooting for AIDS. It's easy because they always win.

FWIW, I go to Duke and I can't stand Duke b-ball.

Vince Young
04-04-2005, 11:24 PM
Bump.

Dead
04-04-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

JinX11
04-04-2005, 11:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

nh

Creepy Guy
04-04-2005, 11:31 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

ArchAngel71857
04-04-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Bump.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I knew someone was going to do this if UNC won. F both of those teams.

-AA

richie
04-05-2005, 01:09 AM
Let's fix your post /images/graemlins/grin.gif

ACC wins the only ACC-BT Challenge that matters
UNC defeats Wisconsin
UNC defeats Mich. St.
UNC defeats Illinois for 2005 NCAA Championship (and wins Big 10 Championship also ) /images/graemlins/grin.gif