PDA

View Full Version : KQ flops middle pair in pretty big pot

Chris Daddy Cool
03-25-2005, 10:27 PM
party 15/30

laggish CO 6 chips it, i 9 chip it on the button with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB 12 chips it. BB folds. CO folds. I call. heads up for 11 small bets.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

sb bets. i fold.

sfer
03-25-2005, 10:52 PM
If I'm the SB and I see a LAG open in the SB, and very aggressive, thinking player capable of making tough folds 3-bet on the button, my capping range gets very, very, very wide.

gaming_mouse
03-25-2005, 10:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
party 15/30

laggish CO 6 chips it, i 9 chip it on the button with K /images/graemlins/heart.gifQ /images/graemlins/heart.gif, SB 12 chips it. BB folds. CO folds. I call. heads up for 11 small bets.

Flop: A /images/graemlins/club.gifQ /images/graemlins/spade.gif6 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

sb bets. i fold.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think I do the same. The other option I consider is raising and seeing if he keeps playing back.

sfer: how wide does your capping range get? like 77? etc...

sfer
03-25-2005, 11:14 PM
Yeah, like 77+, AJ. It all has to do with how often I think the CO will fold preflop and how quickly the CO and button will be willing to give up on the flop.

When my image is good (rarely /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) I think this is a very good spot to overrepresent your hand.

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 11:16 PM
I don't get it.

gaming_mouse
03-25-2005, 11:22 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Yeah, like 77+, AJ. It all has to do with how often I think the CO will fold preflop and how quickly the CO and button will be willing to give up on the flop.

When my image is good (rarely /images/graemlins/tongue.gif) I think this is a very good spot to overrepresent your hand.

[/ QUOTE ]

btw, dave, i just read that PF thread of your about calling with 55. i've said it before and i'll say it again: you, sir, are my hero.

gaming_mouse
03-25-2005, 11:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

meaning you think the fold is bad, or that this is an easy fold and so shouldn't even be discussed?

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 11:32 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

meaning you think the fold is bad, or that this is an easy fold and so shouldn't even be discussed?

[/ QUOTE ]

#1.

gaming_mouse
03-25-2005, 11:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

#1.

[/ QUOTE ]

What is your line? Raise and go from there?

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 11:34 PM
What do I gain from raising?

gaming_mouse
03-25-2005, 11:39 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What do I gain from raising?

[/ QUOTE ]

Since your opponent is OOP, I think he 3 bets you when ahead. So you save bets when you are behind. If he's capable of 3-bet bluffing or semi-bluffing here, this is not so clear. Of course, you lose bets those times he folds but would continue to bluff.

Are you thinking calling down is the best line?

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 11:41 PM
I'm certainly calling the flop.

gaming_mouse
03-25-2005, 11:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm certainly calling the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

Do you plan to call down if the turn and river are blanks?

Emmitt2222
03-25-2005, 11:45 PM
I'm confused. AA, KK, QQ, AK, and even AQ we are getting crushed by. The guy capped out of the small blind which usually means one of those hands. Maybe I don't get it because this has something to do with the relative position move that sfer was talking about, but other than that I don't think it is profitable enough to call down against a only slightly possible JJ or 1010. Is the pot big enough here that calling down can show profit?

Clarkmeister
03-25-2005, 11:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't think it is profitable enough to call down against a only slightly possible JJ or 1010

[/ QUOTE ]

It's the very aggressive party 15/30 game, a LAG open raised in the CO and our hero isolated from the button. The SB is 100% capping with TT and JJ and likely with hands like 77 and ATs.

SA125
03-26-2005, 12:17 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I don't get it.

[/ QUOTE ]

private joker
03-26-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]

btw, dave, i just read that PF thread of your about calling with 55. i've said it before and i'll say it again: you, sir, are my hero.

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you took two racks from him that night at Commerce?

gaming_mouse
03-26-2005, 03:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Is this because you took two racks from him that night at Commerce?

[/ QUOTE ]

no. because he went 5 bets on the river with the nut low and won. and because LAGs are just so much more fun than TAGs.

Clarkmeister
03-26-2005, 01:28 PM
So, seriously, where's the punchline?

HiatusOver
03-26-2005, 03:30 PM
OK Clark...time for some Online Poker Decisions since u decided to jump in the thread. FLOP A-Q-2, he bets u call...Turn 7, he quickly fires again...his screename is ColFbn758, u have never played with him before...now what?

Clarkmeister
03-26-2005, 04:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]
OK Clark...time for some Online Poker Decisions since u decided to jump in the thread. FLOP A-Q-2, he bets u call...Turn 7, he quickly fires again...his screename is ColFbn758, u have never played with him before...now what?

[/ QUOTE ]

Call down. I really don't even think it's that interesting a discussion in this re-resteal online situation.

sthief09
03-26-2005, 04:21 PM
even as a one-street peel, I'd call getting 12-1. you have some outs unless he has AQ. you could turn a gut shot that could let you continue, you could turn two pair, trips, the turn could be an A, in which case you'll continue. there are lots of cards that'll continue. plus, once you get to the river, you have an easy fold, since he's probably not betting 3 times with jacks or eights. I think it's really important to get yourself to the river, because you're good a LOT of the time.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-26-2005, 10:04 PM
clark is right here in that i should have at least peeled on the flop, but honestly i think people overestimate the times that i'm up against a re-re-steal situation here as a lot of players just aren't smart enough to do that. so agaisnt a broad range of hands i'm drawing dead or to 2-3 outs and i'm lucky if i have 5 outs. though sometimes i'll be ahead here and it'd be pretty disasterous of a fold if he has JJ or TT, which is why this is premature muck.