PDA

View Full Version : Its all about the 3 outer isn't it

Big Bend
03-25-2005, 08:33 PM
Howdy ya'll.. am fairly new to SNGs.. finished 500 or so, 15% ROI.. having fun. Nice change from all the 6-max I've previously done. But one thing I've learned is that in SNGs I see more people bust out a favorite by catching a 3 outer. ie I have KK, someone has A crap.. they get their A. I know I'm just imagining things but it seems like this happens all the time.. and to win a SNG you usually have to catch a 3 outer yourself along the way. Its not that this bothers me.. just find it interesting how much it happens. Any thoughts as pertains to SNGs?

TTFN..

TheUsher
03-25-2005, 08:40 PM
It happens. I just got crippled in one SNG w/KK on L:5 against 2 all-in opponents w/A crap. Gotta love that A on the river after the dreaded 2 second pause and them chopping my chips up.

Degen
03-25-2005, 08:47 PM
i actually laugh about that all the time

i'd say 50% of the time i bustout of a tourney i get beat by a hand that i had killed pre-flop (usually all in pre).

but the funny thing is that AT LEAST 60% of my victories and strong showings happen because I go all-in pre and get called by a much better hand, and i get there. Like today for instance...i move in in the CO, 4-handed and 100-200 blinds with 6 3s...some idiot calls me with QQ and probably cries as he sees me catch a heart on the flop...another on the turn and my flush card on the river /images/graemlins/cool.gif

Degen

pooh74
03-25-2005, 08:54 PM
i'd say 50% of the time i bustout of a tourney i get beat by a hand that i had killed pre-flop (usually all in pre). but the funny thing is that AT LEAST 60% of my victories and strong showings happen because I go all-in pre and get called by a much better hand,

This is only interesting in that it proves that non-likely events are those more recalled later...selective memory.

Take 10 random SNG players and 9 of 10 of them will say their AAs are sucked out on most of the time.

Degen
03-25-2005, 09:04 PM
yeah good point

well i can say this with certainty

i suckout on and get sucked out constantly...i've come to accept it as just a normal part of the SNG's.

Degen