PDA

View Full Version : It feels like I'm learning .25/.50 all over again. 2 hands 5/10 PP #1

WarmonkEd
03-25-2005, 08:26 PM
Hey all,
This SH is kicking my ass. I have a much harder time getting reads and I think it's costing me. I also think I'm becoming too dependent on gametime+. But, I am confident that I'll be able to beat 5/10 SH (eventually) so I keep hammering at it. So what better way to learn than to post hands, right? The hands I'll be post for this series of "It feels like I'm learning .25/.50 all over again..." will be sort of random. Feel free to critique any street.

Hand 1

I've only been seated one orbit so I have no read on CO. In this one orbit, I've seen UTG cold call at least 2 times preflop and fold the flop for 1.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">CO raises</font>, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, <font color="#CC3333">CO caps</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Flop: (12.40 SB) 9/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 4/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (7.70 BB) K/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">CO bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG calls.

River: (9.70 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
UTG folds.

Final Pot: 9.70 BB

Hand 2

MP's only been seated for maybe 3 hands. UTG is the same UTG as above. I have UTG labeled as "calls anything pf, passive postflop"

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with J/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, MP calls, <font color="#666666">3 folds</font>, Hero checks.

Flop: (3.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

Turn: (3.20 BB) 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero calls, UTG calls.

River: (6.20 BB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, UTG checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP bets</font>, Hero folds, UTG folds.

Final Pot: 7.20 BB

It feels like I played both of these hands very passively. Fire away guys.

Warmonk

Surfbullet
03-25-2005, 09:04 PM
Hand1: Sometimes I bet out here, sometimes I'll checkraise, because after capping pf the flop bet is auto for CO, whether he has 88 or AK or AA or whatever. A 3bet means I can safely fold the turn unimproved...though this turn is likely a good place to check-fold anyway.

Hand2: I bet out this flop here - in an unraised pot you are likely to have the best hand, and can pick up the pot with a bet here very frequently. These ace high flops tend to go to whoever displays the first aggression, because an A is unlikely to be out so it's easy to fold to a raise.

You don't have outs to call on the flop, so if you are going to call it is based on having the best hand - try to make it to showdown.

Surf

WarmonkEd
03-25-2005, 10:32 PM
regarding Hand1, I guess I was waiting to see what the turn brought before I bet out or C/R. When the K came, I figured my chances of being ahead had just dropped.

Hand2. Yeah, I agree betting out would've been better...

WarmonkEd
03-26-2005, 04:36 PM
bump
no other opinions?

college_boy
03-27-2005, 06:35 AM
[ QUOTE ]
regarding Hand1, I guess I was waiting to see what the turn brought before I bet out or C/R. When the K came, I figured my chances of being ahead had just dropped.

Hand2. Yeah, I agree betting out would've been better...

[/ QUOTE ]

In hand 1 you don't have to be ahead very often to make the call down correct if you think he's capable of making a play with a pp lower than jacks then I think it's a good call down.