PDA

View Full Version : worst board ever for KK, ever

hate
03-25-2005, 08:11 PM
PokerStars 2/4 Hold'em (10 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with K/images/graemlins/heart.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">Hero raises</font>, <font color="#666666">8 folds</font>, BB calls.

Flop: (4.50 SB) Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB calls.

Turn: (3.25 BB) 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
BB checks, Hero checks.

River: (3.25 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">BB bets</font>, Hero calls.

Final Pot: 5.25 BB

Villain was LPA. I'm mystified why exactly I did this, I think donks calling a flop and then checkraising the turn with trips had been killing me at the time. Should I even call the river? An ace is gonna call down fearing trips, but he won't fold, and I got a cheap showdown.

crunchy1
03-25-2005, 08:32 PM
I think it's a good example of checking the turn to induce a bluff on the river. He's loose and post-flop aggressive so you count on him to be betting a wide range of hands on the river. I think this is one of those lose-less-when-behind, win-more-when-ahead type situations.

private joker
03-25-2005, 08:54 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I think this is one of those lose-less-when-behind, win-more-when-ahead type situations.

[/ QUOTE ]

No, it's also a win less when ahead situation when you lose a bet on the turn he would have called with.

That said, I like this line because it does sometimes induce a bluff. You're good enough times to call this river.

crunchy1
03-25-2005, 09:03 PM
[ QUOTE ]
No, it's also a win less when ahead situation when you lose a bet on the turn he would have called with.

[/ QUOTE ]

Are you basing this soley on the LPA player read? Because I'd think that most players are going to give up on the turn when Hero fires another bullet.

hate
03-25-2005, 09:34 PM
Who's going to call a turn here that I'm beating? JJ-TT? Perhaps, but I don't think so. He might be LPA, but I had no indications he was stupid.