PDA

View Full Version : Welcome to every hand of my past week...

PITTM
03-25-2005, 07:03 PM
According to pokertracker, i have been in 4 100 dollar+ pots in the last week. i lost them all. each time i was far, far ahead and lost. earlier with 66 on a 2 4 6 rainbow board on the flop and i got called by A6 and KK and the turn was another 2, giving me 2nd nuts, and the river was...hold your breath...the king...

last night it was cooler when i flopped a full house and we got all in and i lost to a rivered inside straight flush, his only out...

this is getting ridiculous. im completely used to bad beats, just this week they are 10 times more frequent and they only happen in the only big pots i play. im down 320 dollars for the week at the 50NL level and if i had just won like 3 of the 5 hands i was 95% to win i would be having a winning week. now i am way short bankrolled and totally dissapointed and depressed. i mean there is a point where losing EVERY big hand to a bad beat gets old. i mean i would assume anyone on this board wouldnt be suspicious until it just happened over and over and over without fail, which is how i feel. its just complete helplessness and an acceptance that a loss will more likely than not occur when your opponent has 2 outs makes poker VERY unenjoyable. ugh...sorry for the rant.

rj

JaBlue
03-25-2005, 07:56 PM
dropping 6.5 buy ins sucks, but you'll get over it. I would make sure that you weren't tilting though because any time I've dropping more than 4 in a short period of time and reviewed my play, I made some very very... marginal... decisions.

PITTM
03-25-2005, 08:17 PM
the only decision that i felt was even marginally bad was getting all in with JJ9T in omaha on a J and 4 5 clubs and 4 of us got all in. on one hand, if the board paired i won, on the other hand im sure everyone else had 3891237 outs. i dunno what to do really, ive studied that hands quite a bit and i just end up shaking my head at their call and shaking my head worse at the river card. i use to smile when i got sucked out on, but this week its been so frequent that i just shake my head and frown.

rj

grouchie
03-25-2005, 08:23 PM
[ QUOTE ]
and they only happen in the only big pots i play

[/ QUOTE ]

it is my understanding that bad beats only happen in large pots.
If you slowplay and get outdrawn it's not a bad beat in my mind. If you play them fast and get outdrawn, that is a bad beat.
(of course, that's just myopinion)

Kaz The Original
03-25-2005, 08:41 PM
Until you learn to enjoy bad beats, you will not be on top of your game. And not fake enjoy them, not force the pain inside while you smile. You have to love them like you love winning. Because each bad beat is a serious victory.

SossMan
03-25-2005, 10:07 PM
variance is a b!tch. in the meantime go here (http://www.riveredagain.com)

DrPublo
03-25-2005, 10:16 PM
Every time you get bad beat, take a dollar out of your pocket and put it in a jar next to your computer. Label this jar "BAD BEAT JAR" in very large letters. At the end of the year, buy yourself something nice with your bad beat money.

Do this and you'll love bad beats in no time.

The Doc

PS If you want to be really strict about it, take $1 out of the jar every time you put a beat on someone else.