PDA

View Full Version : Raymer - Tournament of Champions

stew77
03-25-2005, 05:47 PM
Greg,

I remember watching the tournament of champions freeroll that you played in a while back, and i specifically remember the commentary speaking of you as the only amateur at the table. We always here all the pros complaining about online amateurs and everything..... was it comfortable being at the table with all of those players or did u feel and bit out of place or "disrespected"(for lack of better word) .........

just curious

Hold'me
03-25-2005, 06:50 PM
Chad Norman asked Greg the exact same question after Annie Duke busted him out. Did you watch the event? If you did, you would know the answer. /images/graemlins/ooo.gif

That guy
03-25-2005, 09:07 PM
It is much harder to win coin-flip races vs pros. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

Greg (FossilMan)
03-25-2005, 11:59 PM
I felt no disrespect from any of the players prior to the event. After the event, I've heard from several of them whom I hadn't played with before that they were very impressed with my game that night.

Most of the chips I won were in small pots that had no flop, or were decided on the flop with no real fanfare. Essentially none of these hands made the cut for the TV show. In fact, if I recall correctly, after one commeercial break they come back and I've gone from about 5th or 6th place to the chip lead without a single hand being shown.

Unfortunately, the only way for a true poker fan to really get everything they can out of poker on TV, it is going to require live broadcasts of every hand. And that is going to be a rare thing no matter how popular poker becomes.

Later, Greg Raymer (FossilMan)