PDA

View Full Version : Rage Against the Machine

Tyler Durden
03-25-2005, 05:23 PM
I never got into them when they were big, now they've broken up and I think they're awesome. Who else likes this band? I wish I had seen them in concert. The Battle of L.A. is a great album.

Piz0wn0reD!!!!!!
03-25-2005, 05:24 PM
Check out the first two albums. They rule like crazy.

ttleistdci
03-25-2005, 05:25 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I never got into them when they were big, now they've broken up and I think they're awesome. Who else likes this band? I wish I had seen them in concert. The Battle of L.A. is a great album.

[/ QUOTE ]

My absolute favorite band.
I saw them live after the Battle of LA was released. Incredible show.
They have a few DVDs out that are worth getting. The best one is the one from Mexico City.

wh1t3bread
03-25-2005, 05:27 PM
I have all their albums somewhere. Remind me later and I will try to find them this weekend and burn you copies. If you want them that is.

mmbt0ne
03-25-2005, 05:30 PM
Awesome band, and one of the best band names ever. I was supposed to see them play with the Beastie Boys, but after I bought a ticket, the tour never happened. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

dr. klopek
03-25-2005, 05:34 PM
I saw them with the roots in '98 and it was the best show I've ever seen. Easy. They kick so much ass. Battle of los angeles is actually my least favorite of their albums, but it's not without it's charms. "rage against the machine" and "evil empire" are two of the best albums in the world. They also made "renegades of funk" which is a cover album that includes "kick out the jams" and "the ghost of tom joad." It has it's moments. Easily the greatest band ever, welcome aboard.

Tyler Durden
03-25-2005, 05:36 PM
Well I think I have all of them. Battle of L.A., RATM and Evil Empire. I don't think I'm missing one. Yea I might get one of the DVDs.

asofel
03-25-2005, 05:37 PM
on a related topic, what do people think of Audioslave. Obviously different....but still good?

For those in the NoVA area, they're playing 930 May 1st...

Soul Daddy
03-25-2005, 05:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome band, and one of the best band names ever. I was supposed to see them play with the Beastie Boys, but after I bought a ticket, the tour never happened. /images/graemlins/frown.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
Stupid Mike D breaks his clavicle and ruins my summer. I'm still bitter about this.

ttleistdci
03-25-2005, 05:38 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Well I think I have all of them. Battle of L.A., RATM and Evil Empire. I don't think I'm missing one. Yea I might get one of the DVDs.

[/ QUOTE ]

There's also Renegades (a bunch of cover songs...most of em really well done), and their live album from the 2 concerts they performed at the Grand Olympic Auditorium right before they broke up.

ttleistdci
03-25-2005, 05:40 PM
[ QUOTE ]
on a related topic, what do people think of Audioslave. Obviously different....but still good?

[/ QUOTE ]

Audioslave is awesome. At first it was tough to separate them from RATM because I kept comparing the music. Another incredible band though. Chris Cornell picked up the ball and ran with this one.
On the subject of supergroups...how bout Velvet Revolver?

Tyler Durden
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Cornell rocks. I'm down, let's go.

moondogg
Great music, dumb self-rightous message.

Nothing like a rich white Italian guy singing about the oppression of "his" people.

Tyler Durden
03-25-2005, 05:42 PM
He's Italian?

bwana devil
03-25-2005, 05:43 PM
saw them in concert in '93 while they were supporting their self titled album in austin at liberty lunch. the venue held a few hundred people or so.

id put that in the top 5 best shows ive ever seen.

ttleistdci
03-25-2005, 05:46 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Nothing like a rich white Italian guy singing about the oppression of "his" people.

[/ QUOTE ]

Someone explain how Zach de la Rocha is Italian?
And if you're calling their message self-righteous, then you obviously don't have a clue. RATM was one of the most important bands of the 90's, and their messages were equally important.

moondogg
03-25-2005, 05:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He ain't Chinese.

dr. klopek
03-25-2005, 05:49 PM
Just the word "audioslave" makes me want to cry bitter tears of violent disgust.

dr. klopek
03-25-2005, 05:52 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Wrong. Totally wrong. He's Mexican. And if he's rich and white and talking about the oppression of poor people, how is that self righteous? I don't think he did that for so many years to look smart.

ttleistdci
03-25-2005, 05:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He ain't Chinese.

[/ QUOTE ]

no sh*t sherlock...he ain't italian either!
Quit now before you make yourself look any more ignorant

Boris
03-25-2005, 05:57 PM
Rage rocked. I was them concert at ARCO Arena in Sacto. Great effin show duuude!!

moondogg
03-25-2005, 05:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

He ain't Chinese.

[/ QUOTE ]

no sh*t sherlock...he ain't italian either!
Quit now before you make yourself look any more ignorant

[/ QUOTE ]

LOL.

Damn, you guys take this [censored] pretty seriously, huh?

OK, I'll leave it alone.

asofel
03-25-2005, 06:14 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Just the word "audioslave" makes me want to cry bitter tears of violent disgust.

[/ QUOTE ]

hehehe....you have to admit they've put out some good music, and cornell's a hell of a singer....

asofel
03-25-2005, 06:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Audioslave is awesome. At first it was tough to separate them from RATM because I kept comparing the music. Another incredible band though. Chris Cornell picked up the ball and ran with this one.
On the subject of supergroups...how bout Velvet Revolver?

[/ QUOTE ]

not a huge fan...STP had great [censored], GNR obviously, but so far the velvet revolver songs i've heard have been fairly "eh...ok" to me...like fall to pieces...any really good songs by them?

Paluka
03-25-2005, 06:18 PM
Zach was in a band called Inside Out before Rage. Inside Out is sick.

asofel
03-25-2005, 06:19 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Chris Cornell rocks. I'm down, let's go.

[/ QUOTE ]

fuck...i should have gotten tickets when i got the email yesterday...they're sold out...

Tyler Durden
03-25-2005, 06:22 PM
Each and every day you find a new way to disappoint me.

asofel
03-25-2005, 06:28 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Each and every day you find a new way to disappoint me.

[/ QUOTE ]

pwned.

...wait...

DCJ311
03-25-2005, 06:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]

not a huge fan...STP had great [censored], GNR obviously, but so far the velvet revolver songs i've heard have been fairly "eh...ok" to me...like fall to pieces...any really good songs by them?

[/ QUOTE ]

I am in this guy's boat totally.

STP >> Velvet Revolver, RATM >> Audioslave, and it's almost a joke to compare these bands to one another in terms of talent and quality of music.

Rage Against the Machine and STP are two of my favorite all time bands, Audioslave and Velvet Revolver don't even scratch the surface.

turnipmonster
03-25-2005, 06:34 PM
I really liked them a lot and wrote to them telling them that right after their first album came out. I guess I got on some sort of mailing list and for years afterwards I got all sorts of promo stuff (7 inch of them doing nwa's [censored] tha police, ghost of tom joad, etc) sent to my parents house.

somebody somewhere in A&R just hooked me up I guess. I also still have a handwritten letter ian mckaye sent me when I wrote dischord asking them if they were ever going to release some old dag nasty record.

DeathbySuckout
03-25-2005, 06:39 PM
I still keep Rage Against the Machine s/t in rotation. Great album.

masse75
03-25-2005, 08:05 PM
Do you know how hard it is to be 34, bald, have RATM in the car, and want to hurt someone when "Bulls on Parade" fires up?

Pretty damn hard...

deacsoft
03-25-2005, 08:11 PM
Surely, they are one of the few bands I will always regret never seeing live.

willie
03-25-2005, 09:02 PM
i missed the summer tour with the beasties, had a ticket but mike d smashed himself up

luckily i had already seen them at Woodstock.

but i almost died during their set, so i wasn't really appreciating it to the fullest extent.

tinga81
03-25-2005, 09:16 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome band, and one of the best band names ever. I was supposed to see them play with the Beastie Boys, but after I bought a ticket, the tour never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
Stupid Mike D breaks his clavicle and ruins my summer. I'm still bitter about this.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
i missed the summer tour with the beasties, had a ticket but mike d smashed himself up

[/ QUOTE ]

after seeing all those comments, it brought back my painful memories of that summer. i'm happy to see other people were in the boat with me .. the concert was going to be right before I started college in the upcoming fall. i remember being so jacked up for that show, and then Mike D busts himself up

thanks for opening the wounds ...

radek2166
03-25-2005, 09:37 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Awesome band, and one of the best band names ever. I was supposed to see them play with the Beastie Boys, but after I bought a ticket, the tour never happened.

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

after seeing all those comments, it brought back my painful memories of that summer. i'm happy to see other people were in the boat with me .. the concert was going to be right before I started college in the upcoming fall. i remember being so jacked up for that show, and then Mike D busts himself up

thanks for opening the wounds ...

[/ QUOTE ]

I saw them twice.What a show!!!!!!