PDA

View Full Version : Raise this river TPTK

ISF
03-25-2005, 05:09 PM
5/10 6-max
Villan is not a complete maniac, but is way over agressive. 40/24/2.5 or somewhere thereabouts. He has threebet the turn with top pair ok kicker, threebet the turn and folded to a cap. More relevent to this hand he has threebet me and continued to bet into me even on the river with overs and small pocket paris.
I raise in MP with A10. Its folded to villan in the bb and he threebets.

Flop 2 5 10 r.
He bets i raise he threebets I cap.
I am a little worried about an overpair, but he would play this way with overs.
turn 2.
He bets I call.
River 6 suites unimportant.
Villan bets I raise?
In retrospect I think this raise is pretty bad as I dont think he will call with overs, and is likely to threebet me with an over pair. So I only beat a hand like 77 or A6 or a smaller 10. He may even threebet me with a smaller 10 not sure.

Alobar
03-25-2005, 06:16 PM
I cap preflop. I prolly dont raise the river, as like you said, he will fold overs, and 3 bet big pairs. Waiting till the river to raise is best when you want protection from being 3 bet, here that doesnt really work. So if I felt my hand was good enough for some more bets, I would have raised the turn, youll get called by overs and huge list of hands you beat, and if you get 3 bet, it isnt the end of the world, because you still have a very good chance of being ahead, and you have outs if you arent.