View Full Version : Chicago area poker

DrPublo
03-25-2005, 05:04 PM
What opportunities for live play are there in Chicago and the surrounding area (say, 1.5 hr radius)? There's some chance I could be going to graduate school there next year and if so I'd like to know what venues are available.

This is NOT a post asking for the names/addresses of Chicago underground clubs...if I want to play there, I'll find out about them one way or another. I just would like to know if they exist.

The Doc

PS In case you were wondering, the availability of poker is NOT making my graduate school decision, but if I'm going to be somewhere for 5 years or so I'd like to know where I can play.

Iplayragstoo
03-25-2005, 05:18 PM
There are Many places to play around chicago, please use the search function, you will find several.

Luv2DriveTT
03-25-2005, 05:31 PM
Say it isn't so.... are we loosing Adam to the windy city? What, AC & NY isn't good enough for you anymore?

There are clubs in the greektown area I am told. Tht area is a bit like the lower east side in NY, downtown cool. You are good to go.

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

DrPublo
03-25-2005, 05:39 PM
Windy City or Berkeley. I can't decide.

Ha, want to make up my mind for me?

The Doc

scrub
03-25-2005, 05:50 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Windy City or Berkeley. I can't decide.

Ha, want to make up my mind for me?

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Berkeley.

scrub

scrub
03-25-2005, 05:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What opportunities for live play are there in Chicago and the surrounding area (say, 1.5 hr radius)? There's some chance I could be going to graduate school there next year and if so I'd like to know what venues are available.

This is NOT a post asking for the names/addresses of Chicago underground clubs...if I want to play there, I'll find out about them one way or another. I just would like to know if they exist.

The Doc

PS In case you were wondering, the availability of poker is NOT making my graduate school decision, but if I'm going to be somewhere for 5 years or so I'd like to know where I can play.

[/ QUOTE ]

You should get in touch with Nate--I'm pretty sure he lives there.

scrub

DrPublo
03-25-2005, 05:51 PM
Biased! You, sir, are biased!

The Doc

Luv2DriveTT
03-25-2005, 06:08 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Biased! You, sir, are biased!

The Doc

[/ QUOTE ]

Well then, I'll make up your mind for you. Berkeley. Better weather, better people (sorry Chicago.... no offence), better card rooms, near Scrub, and most importantly..... near Nappa Valley.

Who needs poker when you have the wine capitol of the US just 1 hour away? The restauraunts there kick ass mate!

TT /images/graemlins/club.gif

PocketJokers72
03-25-2005, 06:36 PM
Harrahs East Chicago is pretty much the best poker room in the area. It is technically in Indiana, just over the border.

The Trump is right next to it...don't touch the chips without wearing latex gloves.

Private games are quite common. We have a Friday nighter every week that is quite challenging. There are a lot of websites that have private games looking for players in this area.

Best of luck.

sfer
03-25-2005, 06:43 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Berkeley.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not close. scrub is right again.