PDA

View Full Version : 99 in BB, huge multiway pot. Standard?

aLOWdAkING
03-25-2005, 04:59 PM
Party Poker 3/6 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Pretty new to table, no reads.

Preflop: Hero is BB with 9/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 9/images/graemlins/spade.gif. CO posts a blind of $4.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 raises</font>, MP1 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, CO (poster) calls, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Anybody 3 bet it with this many people in the hand?

Flop: (12.33 SB) 3/images/graemlins/club.gif, J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 7/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(6 players)</font>
SB checks, Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG+1 bets</font>, MP1 calls, CO folds, Button calls, SB folds, Hero calls.

Since check-raising wouldn't really protect my hand, I decide to wait until the turn to see if another overcard would come, then lead out. Good?

Turn: (8.16 BB) 2/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, Button folds.

Planning to fold to a raise.

River: (11.16 BB) 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP1 folds.

Not sure if I should call a raise on the river, but the pot is so big that I may have to.

Final Pot: 12.16 BB

meep_42
03-25-2005, 05:03 PM
My first thought is to bet out and hope to get raised by the pfr. Except that I have no idea how to play after that.

-d

ghostwriter
03-25-2005, 05:19 PM
What about check call on the river to induce a bluff? I can't see a better hand folding or a worse hand calling your bet.

aLOWdAkING
03-25-2005, 05:27 PM
Yeah, that's a good point. UTG+1 turbo-called on the turn, which means he was in check-call mode, so he probably had AK or other overcards. Not sure if he would bluff at it, though. Also, I was hoping MP1 had a pocket pair he would pay me off with.

sinfulslick18
03-25-2005, 05:54 PM
i would not 3bet that preflop.

like a check/call on the river

-sinful

CallMeIshmael
03-25-2005, 06:09 PM
I like it preflop (3-betting would be bad, IMO).

I like the flop. No reason to get frisky just yet.

I like the turn.

I'm torn on the river. The masses (well, at least those who have responded) seem to like a check call. I dont know if I hate the bet.

No jack is going to raise, and they bet when checked to, so betting and raising are the same there.

I think hands like 7x and AK/AQ are FAR more likely to call when bet into, than bet when checked to. They all have some showdown value.

Its the hands like two small clubs that would bluff bet.

I think I like the bet, especially in a 12BB pot where A LOT of weakish hands would call. But, I think I could be convinced otherwise.