PDA

View Full Version : Barry Bonds/Fantasy Value

ttleistdci
03-25-2005, 04:34 PM
He's obviously out at least half the year, but is it even worth drafting Bonds if he's available in one of the later rounds? I could always throw him into one of the 2 DL spots I have and let him sit there.

pshreck
03-25-2005, 04:44 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's obviously out at least half the year

[/ QUOTE ]

I wouldnt call that obvious. His trainer essentially said he greatly exaggerated his injury in his little rant, and he is just as far along as anyone else with the same injury and recovery.

I agree it doesnt seem likely we will see him any time soon, but you really dont know.

slickpoppa
03-25-2005, 04:45 PM
I would say no. He's old, injured, not juiced up on roids anymore, and will play at most half of the season.

htc1278
03-25-2005, 04:48 PM
Pre-roids Barry was a Hall-of-Famer. He's too talented to let go even if you only get him for half of the year.

pshreck
03-25-2005, 04:51 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Pre-roids Barry was a Hall-of-Famer. He's too talented to let go even if you only get him for half of the year.

[/ QUOTE ]

Show me hall of famers stats at the age of 40 and 41, especially the ones we knew werent on steroids. Baseball has shown some pretty steep drop-offs. Age combined with not using juice anymore seems like a good combination for Barry to become maybe a 20-30 hr hitter (in a full season).

ttleistdci
03-25-2005, 04:56 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Show me hall of famers stats at the age of 40 and 41, especially the ones we knew werent on steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson are both over 40 and are both arguably as good today as they were 10 years ago. Not saying neither of them used 'roids, but I haven't heard either one mentioned.

pshreck
03-25-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

Show me hall of famers stats at the age of 40 and 41, especially the ones we knew werent on steroids.

[/ QUOTE ]

Roger Clemens and Randy Johnson are both over 40 and are both arguably as good today as they were 10 years ago. Not saying neither of them used 'roids, but I haven't heard either one mentioned.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok.... hes not a pitcher. Offensive stats. Anyone?

ThaSaltCracka
03-25-2005, 10:40 PM
well, someone in my league dropped him, and I am currently trying to pick him up on waivers.

Jack of Arcades
03-25-2005, 11:42 PM
Willie Mays, Hank Aaron, Stan Musial, Honus Wagner.

I wouldn't bother with Bonds, though, especially in a 5x5.