PDA

View Full Version : RIPDOG, Here's my twisted slant on decrimaializing MJ +++

10-13-2002, 10:56 AM
First thanks for the hyperlink it was very interestin.
I'll never understand the governments stand on drugs, and am always totally amazed how they ignore what America should have learned after Prohibition in the 20's. People who want illegal stimulants will always be able to find them. Prohibition brings out the low lifes of society and gives them a great business opportunity. The gangsters of the 20's called bootleggers and todays version called gang bangers exist only because of Prohibition. How many innocent lives could have been saved if all drugs were legal? (drive by shootings etc.) Sure there is an argument that if all drugs were legal, some people who would not normally use illegal drugs, might lose there life because we made drugs legal. Frankly I don't care if some adult wants to overdose on a drug, life is full of choices and everyone should have a free choice to ruin their own life.

I say make all drugs legal and tax the [censored] out of it. Use the taxes to prosecute anyone who makes the drugs or alcohol available to children, who do need help in making the right decisions. I see the Governments anti drug laws as a contradiction to, every mans right to freedom of life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. But, maybe our government is just taking a lesson from the god of religions who told man, you have a free choice, heaven awaits the man who chooses wisely. Then the god of religion see's what happened in Sodom and Gomorra. He then changed his mind on the subject of man's free choice and killed them all for not choosing wisely. I guess he couldn't wait until they died to send them to hell. So maybe the government feels we're not smart enough to make our own free choices to life liberty and the pursuit of happiness. We in the final analysis will get the government we deserve. (The Vote)

SPM,...anyone want a hit... (Black Jack of course)