PDA

View Full Version : Second Pair & Outta Position, Find a raise here???

MisterKing
03-25-2005, 03:34 PM
Villian is 52/14/1.3... seems pretty fishy to me, but I haven't personally see him super far out of line postflop yet this session. Looking back, I think that IF I'm going to lead-check this flop, I need to lead bet the turn when he checks behind. I'm not even sure lead-checking the flop is a good idea against a 52, but the % of the time he has a loose/raggy ace is sufficiently high that I don't like it when I bet and he just calls -- makes the rest of the hand hard to play, and pumps up the pot if he has a flush draw.

So, what's your line? This should be a lot more clear cut, but I really think I need to nail down the concepts a little better.

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (7 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with Q/images/graemlins/heart.gif, T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif. CO posts a blind of $5.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 raises</font>, <font color="#666666">4 folds</font>, Hero calls.

Flop: (5.40 SB) A/images/graemlins/spade.gif, T/images/graemlins/spade.gif, 4/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP1 checks.

Turn: (2.70 BB) 3/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

River: (4.70 BB) A/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks, <font color="#CC3333">MP1 bets</font>, Hero calls.

Don't think there's any way I can fold here...

Final Pot: 6.70 BB

einbert
03-25-2005, 03:36 PM
I'm not sure about the flop but I would have lead the turn after he checked behind on the flop.

meep_42
03-25-2005, 03:45 PM
[ QUOTE ]
I'm not sure about the flop but I would have lead the turn after he checked behind on the flop.

[/ QUOTE ]

What he said.

I'm not sure what I do to a turn raise, though.

-d

PotatoStew
03-25-2005, 03:48 PM
I think I would bet the flop... 52/14 could be PF raising with a lot of things. Your hand may be the best, but it's very vulnerable.

That guy
03-25-2005, 04:21 PM
I like your line actually.

52%-types play Ax a lot... but you might be inducing a bet by checking the turn...

you could check-raise the turn and fold to a 3-bet... but if he merely calls, now you are screwed. I like your line better.

when he river bets, he probably does have the ace but can't lay down to a 52%er here for 1 more. would he bet (JT, T9s, 99, 88, 77)?

a 52% type checking that flop sure looks suspect... but I like your line.

TGoldman
03-25-2005, 06:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What he said.

I'm not sure what I do to a turn raise, though.

-d

[/ QUOTE ]
I think it's an easy lay-down to a turn-raise. Villain would only check it through on the flop if he was either sandbagging or very timid. A timid player isn't going to raise the turn.

pokerkai
03-25-2005, 06:37 PM
I woulda found the bet button somewhere in this hand...