PDA

View Full Version : Raising with suited connectors

Sadico
03-25-2005, 02:57 PM
I would like to know your thoughts about if raising preflop with suited connectors is profitable

I play PS .50/1, and sometimes I play them. I usually raise with them from mid to late position and only if there's max 1 limper.
The flop i usually bet no matter if I hit or not

Do you thinking playing this way if profitable at these tables?

PoBoy321
03-25-2005, 03:20 PM
This type of play is profitable against decent thinking players. Against typical internet monkeys, it's useless since they don't pay attention to the action. Against a decent thinking player, this type of play is good for deception reasons.

When I raise SCs, I generally do it if I'm in late position (button or CO) behind a bunch of limpers. I'm almost guaranteed a multiway pot, and with a bloated pot, it is more difficult for people to get away from more marginal holdings when I hit.

dtbog
03-25-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
only if there's max 1 limper.

[/ QUOTE ]

I raise with SCs in late position a lot... but I usually like to have a lot of limpers in before me.

What if you're playing T9s heads-up, you autobet the flop, and he check-raises you? You then look at the flop, and it is:

T /images/graemlins/club.gif 8 /images/graemlins/club.gif 2 /images/graemlins/spade.gif

This spells trouble to me -- you're not playing SCs for their one pair value, you want to trap someone with their one pair in a multi-way pot.

-dB

Jazza
03-25-2005, 04:00 PM
[ QUOTE ]
What if you're playing T9s heads-up, you autobet the flop, and he check-raises you?

[/ QUOTE ]

you fold, which is why I would rather check behind