PDA

View Full Version : Playing a variety of hands in no limit tournaments !!

FlyingOver
10-13-2002, 07:25 AM
Hi guys,
I have a question that applies to no limit tournaments as played online. I play at paradise 10 player tournaments first 3 are in the money.
Just wondering whether it would be correct to play a variety of hands from late position at the very early stages of the tournaments.
As an example if your given 1000 in chips and it costs u 10 to take a look at a flop from mid - late position which hands should you play in a multiway pot. Since your implied odds are huge. I have played a couple of these tournaments and it seems especially true in the $5 and $10 ones that people will pretty much pay off with any other hand. Would 46 suited be playable how about Ax on the button? any hand you recommend not playing???
I consider myself a very good tournament and live game no limit holdem player and i have played about 5 of these tournaments placed in the money 4 times and busted out when i limped reraised all in with AA vs K10. I know this is a small sample but i am confident in my abilities. Anyway thanks for any help,
-MJ