PDA

View Full Version : TTs from the Blind

waynethetrain
03-25-2005, 02:31 PM
I'm not sure if I screwed this up or not.

When it got capped pre flop, I figured it was more likely I was behind than ahead (JJ-AA vs AK). So I decided to check and call down unless an overcard hit. Any problem here.

Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is BB with T/images/graemlins/club.gif, T/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
<font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, UTG+1 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Button raises</font>, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG+1 folds, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, <font color="#CC3333">Button caps</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Flop: (14.50 SB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

Turn: (8.75 BB) 7/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 calls.

River: (11.75 BB) 4/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
Hero checks, MP3 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Button bets</font>, Hero calls, MP3 folds.

Final Pot: 13.75 BB

shark6
03-25-2005, 02:45 PM
Checkraise flop to make MP3 call 2 cold, he may well fold overcards to your T’s. And, a checkraise gets a better read on if button has AK or high pocket pair (AK likely won't 3-bet here.)

bozlax
03-25-2005, 03:01 PM
If your assumption on the flop is that you're behind AA-JJ, then you're drawing to 2 outs and you don't have the odds to make any of these calls. To put it another way, if you know your opponent well enough to know that he's not going to cap PF with less than AA-JJ, you can throw it away right there and save yourself one SB.

If there's any doubt in your mind that isn't erased when he bets into you on the flop, raise the flop and fold to a 3-bet. If he just calls your flop raise, re-evaluate on the turn.

Assuming nothing scary falls after the flop.

zuluking
03-25-2005, 03:08 PM
Here's how I would play it:

Bet out and re-raise the flop, if capped, call and call it down.

Bet out and re-raise the flop, if called, bet out on the turn and river, unless raised, then call it down.

btspider
03-25-2005, 03:20 PM
[ QUOTE ]

Bet out and re-raise the flop, if called, bet out on the turn and river, unless raised, then call it down.

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a psycho gonzo lag

davelin
03-25-2005, 03:24 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

you're a psycho gonzo lag

[/ QUOTE ]

C/r flop or just call it all the way down?

gopnik
03-25-2005, 03:26 PM
I would probably go into war on the flop and fold if he does not slow down on the turn.

fluxrad
03-25-2005, 03:29 PM
The way I read this, you should bet out on the flop just to figure out where you are. If you're called, then you're probably ahead of something like AK AQ. If you're raised, then you're probably way behind and can successfully fold. I just think calling down from the flop on costs too much cash and gives you no information on where you are post-flop.

Anyone else agree with this?

waynethetrain
03-25-2005, 03:37 PM
My assumption was that I was behind because there are more cappable hands better that TT than not. However, I am ahead a decent percent of the time also (against AK at least). I also had some very small incremental outs from the backdoors in addition to the remaining Ts.

I considered check-raising to protect the hand, but as far as I could tell at that point the other player might fold without my raise. So why expose myself to a re-raise and an extra SB. Had there been a few players in between, I might of check-raised because driving out a few players would certainly have been value enhancing.

Not sure I am right, but that was the thinking.

tiltaholic
03-25-2005, 03:38 PM
i would check raise the flop and take it from there.

but, eh, we're oop. i dunno. then we lead the turn and fold to a turn raise? that can't be right. maybe just calling down the whole way is the way to go.

@bsolute_luck
03-25-2005, 05:07 PM
no reads on button i'm assuming?

c/r the flop to try and fold MP1. his cold calling 2 PRF has me wondering.

i'm check/calling down from there unless you're 100% sure that the bettor would only cap with AA-JJ. i think you have the outs to call (5 outs - 3 9s, 2 Ts) getting 1:8.75.

Shillx
03-25-2005, 05:18 PM
Here is my line in a HU pot:

Calldown and maybe bet the river depending on the board and the villian. I also might think about making a play at the pot should an ace hit.

In a 3-way pot:

I would check/raise the flop and see what he does. If he 3-bets I fold the turn UI. If he calls and raises my turn bet then I will also fold. If he calls both the check/raise and the turn bet I might check the river to induce a bluff but I might just bet out.

Some consideration could also be given to check/calling the flop and then betting a safe turn card. This is kind of a weak spin off of the 1st line but might be appropriate in some cases. Certainly in a 3-way pot, we don't wan't to check to him unless we know that we are beat (ie. we check/raise the flop and he 3-bets).

Brad

Aaron W.
03-25-2005, 08:31 PM
I would have just called preflop, then the plan is to check-raise all but the worst of flops. Trying to collect on your preflop edge here may hurt your ability to collect on a postflop edge if the flop comes favorably.