PDA

View Full Version : Propoker

10-13-2002, 06:21 AM
Hi all. I have just started playing at ProPoker. There bonuses are great and the site is pretty nice, but the play has me scratching my head. Sometimes 20 pots in a row will be won without a showdown. In a recent hand, UTG raised, three people called two cold, cutoff three bet, I capped with kings, and everyone folded. I won a $35 3/6 pot freeflop. Anyone else see any other craziness like this? Anyone know if the site is legit or I am playing against 8 bots?

Thanks

10-13-2002, 10:57 AM
At Propoker, I saw a pot once where the board was a straight, 2-6, the betting was capped 5 ways, and all players played the board. The rake was such that all players involved lost 10c on the hand.

Use this and other amusing stories from this forum to draw your own conclusions.

10-13-2002, 05:05 PM
The short answer is that you are playing against 8 bots.

GrannyMae
10-13-2002, 05:37 PM
Sometimes 20 pots in a row will be won without a showdown.

that's NOTHING.

on my first day there, i watched/played in 140 hands, and the was only ONE showdown. that is simply not possible if there were all human players.

HOWEVER, i know it sounds crazy, but the new "paid to play" promotion looks so juicy that i may give it another go. i will report my experience if i do.

at that point, once i bust out AGAIN, ridicule, scorn, and "told ya so's" will be most welcomed.
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

BTW, just to clarify flyer's post, it appears that you are playing against 8 bots that know your hole cards, and/or what is coming. so the thinking is that they are not ordinary bots, but cheeeeeetin' ones. who gives a sh*t though, the $75 i will no doubt lose will provide me endless hours of posting fun.

woohoo
/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

MS Sunshine
10-13-2002, 06:04 PM
HOWEVER, i know it sounds crazy, but the new "paid to play" promotion looks so juicy that i may give it another go. i will report my experience if i do.

at that point, once i bust out AGAIN, ridicule, scorn, and "told ya so's" will be most welcomed.

I heard that Propoker's spring buy-in bonus promotion will be $500, the working name for the promo is "How many times will Granny let us screw her."

When you post about going belly-up AGAIN the real loud laughter will be mine.

MS Sunshine

GrannyMae
10-13-2002, 06:20 PM
When you post about going belly-up AGAIN the real loud laughter will be mine.

now now now.. that's simply not true. i have made a couple of freinds on the other side of the pond that we will be able to hear their laughter from HERE.

but thanks for promising your unconditioned shame, pity and bemusement. i will strive not to dissapoint anyone.

/forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif /forums/images/icons/shocked.gif

10-13-2002, 06:24 PM
Pleeeease Granny,
don't do it!
Don't know what your retierment fund looks like,
but I hate the thought of cat food as a food group.
Reflect on this senior moment you seem to be having,
before you send them any more of your social security money.

GrannyMae
10-13-2002, 06:33 PM
Reflect on this senior moment you seem to be having,
before you send them any more of your social security money.

ummmmmmm.... NO

i wanna play with the cute little bot-toys

10-16-2002, 01:11 PM
If there is cheating then the site can't be beat.

But some of the other weird stuff (mucking of hands with no showdown) seems to be something a live player could really take advantage of.

BTW, what does BOT stand for?