PDA

View Full Version : Two missed AK hands against LAGs

Tilt
03-25-2005, 12:35 PM
This LAG was very irritating with moves like these....

100NL blinds .5-1

Hero is button with stack of 107
LAG is MP3 with 110

Hero is dealt A /images/graemlins/diamond.gifK /images/graemlins/diamond.gif

Folds to LAG who limps, folds to hero who raises to 12, LAG calls.

Flop 7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif2 /images/graemlins/heart.gif3 /images/graemlins/club.gif

LAG goes all in, its 95 to me and I fold.

2nd hand, different but similar LAG this time

I have 140 on the button
LAG has 212 in BB

Dealth A /images/graemlins/heart.gifK /images/graemlins/heart.gif 3 limpers, I make it 15, only LAG calls

Flop 10 /images/graemlins/diamond.gif7 /images/graemlins/spade.gif4 /images/graemlins/club.gif

LAG checks, I bet 30, LAG min raises to 60, I push, he folds

Comments?

kongo_totte
03-25-2005, 12:57 PM
What's with the huge PF-raises?

stankybank
03-25-2005, 01:06 PM
[ QUOTE ]
100NL blinds .5-1

[/ QUOTE ]

with blinds this small, is this your standard raise or were you just raising x12BB's against this player?

Tilt
03-25-2005, 01:30 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100NL blinds .5-1

[/ QUOTE ]

with blinds this small, is this your standard raise or were you just raising x12BB's against this player?

[/ QUOTE ]

Its player dependent. I know hes calling with almost any two cards.

stankybank
03-25-2005, 01:35 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
100NL blinds .5-1

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Its player dependent. I know hes calling with almost any two cards.

[/ QUOTE ]

with any 2, couldn't he have hit the flop on the second hand and wouldn't lay it down BECAUSE he is a LAG? I don't like the push after mini-raise. you're only gonna get called by something that beats you, even top pair/weak kicker.

TakeMeToTheRiver
03-25-2005, 01:42 PM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. At a $0.50/$1 game, these raises are way out of line... if that is the way the game is playing, you are playing with a very short stack.

If you are only raising this much because you know the LAG will call, I think that is very bad. He knows that he is getting you agitated. The LAG is probably reading you well and knows he can knock you off your two-big-card hand if low cards flop (in the first hand).

Tilt
03-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Well im pretty sure he has something like 97 on that 2nd hand when I made the raise. And I am sure he can fold a middle pair. His min c/r was like he was just asking me whether I had an OP or a missed AK and I was pretty sure he would buy my response. He could also have had a draw (89) with that play, in which case I think getting all-in is correct.

Tilt
03-25-2005, 01:49 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. At a $0.50/$1 game, these raises are way out of line... if that is the way the game is playing, you are playing with a very short stack.

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't see why....elaborate....if I know I am way ahead of this villain, why not get in a big raise now? Granted the first one is rather huge, but the 2nd one is only 8% of my stack. And my image is very tight aggressive, so any of the thinking players at the table will put me on AK/AQ, JJ-AA. So I will have a good read on their action if they call or limp-reraise.

kurto
03-25-2005, 01:50 PM
"Its player dependent. I know hes calling with almost any two cards." So... why not make a normal raise (4-5bb) and wait to see if you hit?

Tilt
03-25-2005, 01:53 PM
[ QUOTE ]
"Its player dependent. I know hes calling with almost any two cards." So... why not make a normal raise (4-5bb) and wait to see if you hit?

[/ QUOTE ]

Cause I wont get paid very well if I hit. I have to get paid preflop. He'll fold to a heavy broadway board.

jpg7n16
03-25-2005, 01:58 PM
He's probably just betting that because you bet really heavily pre-flop, you missed such a lousy flop. But then you go all-in and he might think that you have flopped trips with a pocket pair.

He's loose, he might be willing to gamble that way when you check it to him, but not when you show incredible strength by going all-in on him.

Tilt
03-25-2005, 02:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
He's probably just betting that because you bet really heavily pre-flop, you missed such a lousy flop. But then you go all-in and he might think that you have flopped trips with a pocket pair.

He's loose, he might be willing to gamble that way when you check it to him, but not when you show incredible strength by going all-in on him.

[/ QUOTE ]

Well I was trying to represent an overpair. Until this hand I had been very, very tight in 2 hours of play, only showing down very strong hands and only raising premium starting hands from any position.

The idea here was to bluff, for the first time at this table, at a worthwhile pot and in convincing fashion.

kurto
03-25-2005, 02:10 PM
"Cause I wont get paid very well if I hit. I have to get paid preflop. He'll fold to a heavy broadway board."

But you're only going to hit 1-3 times, no? And if you hit, he might shut down anyways... Personally, I'd say you're better off waiting for a decent pp if you're going to overbet.

I'd rathar play more smaller pots against him with a potential to make monsters then to overbet preflop with a hand I have to drop if I miss with any significant playback.

Unless I have a real monster... I prefer to limp to the maniac, let them make their standard raises, to keep my hand disguised. Or, check to the maniac, let him raise... then checkraise him a few times.

Tilt
03-25-2005, 02:15 PM
[quoteBut you're only going to hit 1-3 times, no? And if you hit, he might shut down anyways... Personally, I'd say you're better off waiting for a decent pp if you're going to overbet.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sure, 67% of the time I miss...but hes not going to hit hard enough to play me with confidence at least 50% of the time.

kurto
03-25-2005, 02:31 PM
The thing about LAG/Maniacs... they don't have to hit hard... or at all. Their only strength is their nonsensical fearlessness.