PDA

View Full Version : Easy Lay down? Stupid Betting!

nickey009
03-25-2005, 12:15 PM
The read is that MP2 is a total maniac. raises and re-raises pretty much all hands with anything. The other people at the table are a little annoyed with it and are talking about how they are going to break him. So, this should be an easy fold right?

Party Poker Pot-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

BB ($9.75)
Hero ($22.1)
UTG+1 ($23.65)
MP1 ($23.75)
MP2 ($40.75)
MP3 ($30.45)
CO ($28.25)
Button ($41.9)
SB ($26.7)

Preflop: Hero is UTG with J/images/graemlins/heart.gif, Q/images/graemlins/spade.gif.
Hero calls $0.25, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $1.1</font>, MP3 calls $1.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls $1.10, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, BB calls $0.85, Hero calls $0.85.

Flop: ($5.60) J/images/graemlins/spade.gif, Q/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets $3</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $6</font>, <font color="#CC3333">MP3 raises to $26.35</font>, Button folds, BB folds, Hero folds, <font color="#CC3333">MP2 raises to $39.65 (All-In)</font>, MP3 calls $3 (All-In).

Turn: ($77.60) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

River: ($77.60) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players, 2 all-in)</font>

Final Pot: $77.60

etgryphon
03-25-2005, 12:28 PM
Yes,

Against just one of those dude...maybe you could stay in. Against both those dudes...not a chance. someone has something. I'm thinking raiser has AK and the caller has KQ or AT and possibly JJ.

-Gryph

BTW: Don't limp up front with QJo...bad move.

dpape
03-25-2005, 12:36 PM
There are a few problems with this play, and it all happened before the flop. First of all, you are in early postion with a marginal hand, ahead of a very loose and aggressive player. I think calling the blind here is the worst play! First, you can almost bet the moron behind you will raise, which obviously doesn't scare you a bit. But since this has been going on for a while it will be more likely the rest the table is fed up and willing to play. So, essentially, you have are in a hand with many people, in early position,have a marginal hand, and are playing a hand that will probably become very difficult after the flop. Not a good combination. You have to learn to let this hand go in early position! If your hand was slightly better, AK, KQ, and you were in a better position, i would say stick it too this guy. Let him raise you and reraise him back to isolate him out. Against this type of player, you must pick your hands carefully and play them very aggressive! You can't start limping in and letting him push you around. By the way, your initial bet after the flop was about right, and also the laydown. Playing these hands before the flop in bad position, however, will cost you a lot of money over the course of time. Interested to what others say?

stankybank
03-25-2005, 12:39 PM
Nice lay. Bottom 2 pair, raised preflop, on a draw heavy board is no good. I don't like your limp and call preflop but whatever, to each his own. I'm sure you're beat by a bigger 2 pair, straight, or monster flush draw somewhere.

fold and continue.

nickey009
03-25-2005, 12:56 PM
I knew that the "fold pre-flop" posts were coming and I agree with them for the most part. Pre-flop my hand is marginal at best and it can get me into some trouble. Early position against this Maniac is no good but I couldn't do much about that. If it were just the Maniac I'd call this in a second but that All-in raiser makes this unplayable.

stankybank
03-25-2005, 01:02 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Early position against this Maniac is no good but I couldn't do much about that. If it were just the Maniac I'd call this in a second but that All-in raiser makes this unplayable.

[/ QUOTE ]

I think slow-playing against maniacs work best since you can get multiple callers behind him and hopefully get paid off when you hit monster hands such as sets, straights, etc. Even limping w/ AA, KK can be profitable if you say that maniac was virtually raising every hand cuz then you can limp/reraise which is always fun.

you're right, the all-in raiser is who I would be afraid of. depending on your image at the table, I'm sure the all-in raiser is considering your hand as well and wouldn't push with top pair or weaker.