PDA

View Full Version : Too greedy?

krishanleong
03-25-2005, 11:11 AM
Should I have raised the flop to try and clear out the field or is the check-3 bet plan okay. The preflop raiser was a tag (23/9) and I thought he would raise overcards based on previous hands. His UTG PFR I would estimate to be AA-88, AQo+, AJs+.

I would definitely have raised with bottom two and I definitely would have call 3-bet a set. What do I do with top 2?

Party Poker 5/10 Hold'em (6 max, 6 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preaflop: Hero is BB with 8/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif.
<font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP calls, <font color="#666666">1 fold</font>, Button calls, SB calls, Hero calls.

Flop: (10 SB) 8/images/graemlins/heart.gif, 5/images/graemlins/club.gif, 3/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">SB bets</font>, Hero calls, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, MP folds, Button calls, SB calls, <font color="#CC3333">Hero 3-bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

Turn: (11 BB) 5/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB calls.

River: (15 BB) 7/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(4 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, Button calls, SB folds.

Final Pot: 18 BB

Krishan

Trix
03-25-2005, 11:20 AM
Think IŽll just raise first time, if UTG has something he will 3bet and MP or Button probably dont call much more for 2 than 3.

This way IŽll be underrepresenting my hand isntead of giving it away with the call-reraise.

IŽm check-raising the turn if my flopraise gets 3bet.

The way you played the flop, IŽll probably check-raise the turn too instead of 3betting the flop as you wont get much action either way.

naphand
03-25-2005, 12:16 PM
PT figures of 23/9 are not a TAG in my book, this player is too passive. This is TIGHT AVERAGE (and a little under average for $5/$10 I think, no?).

How many hands? What were his AF figures? Does he raise overcards on the flop?

You cannot rely on anyone betting the Turn for you after UTG raises, unless the Turn card is particularly useful for them, like an A and they get Aces up....ooops, so get the money in early on a board which probably has little threat in it right now, they will call one more each. Unless you specifically can put UTG on an overpair or stupid-aggro enough to keep betting his overcards into a multi-way pot on the Turn (not likely) then make them pay now. If UTG had folded the field out, then a Turn CR looks a possibility but is very read-dependent and you need a good handle on UTGs likely action.