PDA

View Full Version : Pacific Poker 1MM guaranteed

Great__ape
03-25-2005, 10:47 AM
Hi,

Any 2+2 ers entering this tourny ? I would like to know who to avoid during the tourny /images/graemlins/wink.gif

grtz

Nottom
03-25-2005, 11:51 AM
I was kind of hoping this was going to fly under the radar. As of now I'm likely going to play.

FFish
03-25-2005, 04:00 PM
Hey,

Im currently enrolled in the tournament. However - I was questioning something...

About a hour ago 588 players were enrolled, and about 15 minutes later, 850 players were enrolled. No satelites completed (nor do they even have any that would send that many people into the tourny at once). I just dont see how 270 people signed up all at the same time. It seems impossible. Players that are willing to pay cash for an entry prolly will wait till the final moment to buy entry just in case something comes up. Anyone have any idea what happened?

As well, if you were to place in top 5 (and lets say make somewhere over 50,000$) - How would you cash it out at pacific? I am aware of the options, but what would you say is the safest method? Like If I were to win 200K$ I would be nervous when picking my cashout method.

Tim H
03-25-2005, 04:06 PM
check

b0000000000m
03-25-2005, 04:08 PM
It's possible they process the satellite entries in batch every few days or so.

FFish
03-25-2005, 04:11 PM
Nope - Definately not what happened. I qualified myself thru sat. IVe been watching the count for a couple weeks now. Satelites finish and its posted (By the looks) automatically.

Something is 'fishy' with that!

Jurollo
03-25-2005, 04:52 PM
Why anyone would post a thread about a tourney that might run an overlay 2 days before it is beyond me. Nice work!
~Justin

slickpoppa
03-25-2005, 04:57 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Why anyone would post a thread about a tourney that might run an overlay 2 days before it is beyond me. Nice work!

[/ QUOTE ]

If you are suggesting what I think you are, I really doubt that Pacific would be that clever.

skoal2k4
03-25-2005, 04:59 PM
are you sure it's gauranteed? i don't see that word anywhere on their site or their client

FFish
03-25-2005, 05:03 PM
What are you trying to saying Justin? Sorry I didnt understand...

I'm definately not the only one that finds this suspicious.

Jurollo
03-25-2005, 05:07 PM
I am not spreading conspiracy theories. Just saying it was stupid to make this thread to begin with. I am definately not saying someone from pacific did it, just stupid to post about a guaranteed tourney that might run an overlay 2 days before it. Just isn't a smart thing to do, maybe I am just selfish and like overlays though.
~Justin

FFish
03-25-2005, 05:08 PM
The tournament has been advertised as the Million dollar tournament for over a month. If you check the website, it states the prize pool is a 1,000,000$ in several places.

http://playersclub.pacificpoker.com/

Thats the link to the players club that shows it.

-- As for thinking pacific is clever or not to do anything - I'm not suggesting pacific is up to anything yet - I'm just wondering how it can grow that quickly.

FFish
03-25-2005, 05:09 PM
Define Overlay?

skoal2k4
03-25-2005, 05:10 PM
i still don't see gauranteed

Jurollo
03-25-2005, 05:11 PM
Overlay = Money covered by the site to reach its guarantee when the prize pool doesn't get there naturally. I am done posting here and unintentionally bumping this thread now. I suggest everyone leave it alone till saturday.
~Justin

FFish
03-25-2005, 05:24 PM
If you open the lobby window to the tournament it states: Prize Pool: 1,000,000$ (the word guarantee doesnt appear there). Although them saying the prize pool is 1,000,000 obligates it to be a guarantee.

I just talked with the pokerroom shift manager, and although they tried to tell me its just from people joining via satelites and raffles, she eventually agreed that it was suspiscious considering the average entry rate was about 1 every 15 minutes. They only have 5000 active players (and thats prolly including there play money players). She's investigating the matter further, and getting back to me with some detailed information - in which I'll post.

As for overlay - im not sure if you're trying to say I'm trying to attract people to the site -- or what you are tryin to say (personally the less the better to me!) /images/graemlins/smile.gif

If its a big problem we can leave the discussion untill the tournament begins - as thats the last thing I was trying to do. But either way thanks for the definition - I was figuring that's what you were talking about.

I'll let you know if i hear anything else, please do the same anyone.