PDA

View Full Version : My Move?

RicP
03-25-2005, 04:11 AM
I belive I know the answer and am kinda posting to punish myself.

NL Hold'em $10 Buy-in + $1 Entry Fee
Level:6 Blinds(150/300)

Table Table 35321 (Real Money)
Seat 1 is the button
Total number of players : 4
Seat 1: Hero ( $1205 )
Seat 2: keyinsc ( $1150 )
Seat 4: thestapler11 ( $555 )
Seat 9: tn_vol22 ( $5090 )

** Dealing down cards **
Dealt to Hero [ Js 7d ]
tn_vol22 folds.
Hero raises [600].
keyinsc is all-In [1000]
thestapler11 folds.

My Move?

kyro
03-25-2005, 04:31 AM
first you slap yourself for a terrible raise. if you're going to raise, make it all-in. Personally, I fold this right up front. There's a chance you'll get lucky and fold your way into second place, and J7 isn't a hand i want to go to war with. Since you did make that terrible raise, you have to call.

calf
03-25-2005, 07:24 AM
BB only has 255 after posting right? If I have that right, fold this since you will get called no matter what and your hand is worse than a random one (I think?). Even with the dead money from SB assuming he folds I think it's still wrong especially since if he calls you are in deep trouble. I think I'd rather play for ITM in this spot since you have no fold equity and your hand is just not big enough.

Oh and min raising is definitely bad, since you have to call anyway.

curtains
03-25-2005, 07:32 AM
[ QUOTE ]
BB only has 255 after posting right? If I have that right, fold this since you will get called no matter what and your hand is worse than a random one (I think?). Even with the dead money from SB assuming he folds I think it's still wrong especially since if he calls you are in deep trouble. I think I'd rather play for ITM in this spot since you have no fold equity and your hand is just not big enough.

Oh and min raising is definitely bad, since you have to call anyway.

[/ QUOTE ]

Not to be picky, but you just recommened a fold to the reraise, yet followed this up by saying that min raising was bad, because you have to call any reraise.

Also the preflop raise is terrible. You are almost guaranteed to be called by the Shortstack here, and your hand isn't strong enough. You should fold, and hope the SB knocks out the BB.

Chris Daddy Cool
03-25-2005, 08:53 AM
yuck yuck yuck.

and i don't even normally post in this forum.