PDA

View Full Version : Overcalls or Raise the Flop/Turn?

SuitedDucks
03-25-2005, 04:04 AM
Table is filled with loose fish. Anyone raise teh flop or turn? I was aiming for some overcalls on this hand.

Party Poker 2/4 Hold'em (9 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is MP1 with 6/images/graemlins/club.gif, 6/images/graemlins/heart.gif.
UTG calls, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 calls, MP3 calls, <font color="#666666">2 folds</font>, SB completes, BB checks.

Flop: (7 SB) 6/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, A/images/graemlins/club.gif, 8/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(7 players)</font>
SB checks, BB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP2 folds, MP3 calls, SB calls, BB folds.

Turn: (6 BB) 6/images/graemlins/spade.gif <font color="#0000FF">(5 players)</font>
SB checks, <font color="#CC3333">UTG bets</font>, UTG+1 calls, Hero calls, MP3 folds, SB folds.

River: (9 BB) T/images/graemlins/diamond.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
UTG checks, UTG+1 checks, <font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls, UTG+1 calls.

Final Pot: 12 BB

climber
03-25-2005, 04:10 AM
I'd raise the turn, 2 players are already in and the board has an ace. With the board paired already a bet and a caller and an A in the flop I don't see the two guys behind you calling very often. Take theses guys money now.

TripleH68
03-25-2005, 04:29 AM
You MUST find a raise.

bernie
03-25-2005, 05:34 AM
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the turn, 2 players are already in and the board has an ace. With the board paired already a bet and a caller and an A in the flop I don't see the two guys behind you calling very often. Take theses guys money now

[/ QUOTE ]

This could easily kill much of his action on his hand. It is much easier for the 2 guys behind to call 1 bet than 2 cold to a guy who just woke up on the turn when the board pairs.

b

bernie
03-25-2005, 05:38 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You MUST find a raise.

[/ QUOTE ]

Why?

Maybe the flop.

These guys would have to be capable of calling very loosely to call a turn raise. Why kill your action? (opponents depending, of course)

b

rmarotti
03-25-2005, 12:58 PM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'd raise the turn, 2 players are already in and the board has an ace. With the board paired already a bet and a caller and an A in the flop I don't see the two guys behind you calling very often. Take theses guys money now

[/ QUOTE ]

This could easily kill much of his action on his hand. It is much easier for the 2 guys behind to call 1 bet than 2 cold to a guy who just woke up on the turn when the board pairs.

b

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm mostly with Bernie on this one. I think Hero got just about all he could out of this hand.

stevew
03-25-2005, 01:04 PM
I'd raise the turn as both callers will call the raise almost for sure and if one has a monster (e.g. 8 8 ) you might get reraised.

SeaEagle
03-25-2005, 01:29 PM
The 2nd 6 sucks bad.

With no reasonable draws, you have to assume a raise is going to knock out anyone who doesn't have an A. Try for the overcalls and hope somebody bets in front of you on the river.