PDA

View Full Version : Another JJ Hand

EMcWilliams
03-25-2005, 03:44 AM
Sorry, but Im sure youve seen 8 trillon JJ hand questions, but whats one more. This comes from a home game, so the info is not too complete, so if no judgement can be made, understandable.

Hero is on the Button with JJ.
.25/.50 blinds, mostly loose passive players, one tight passive, 2 LAGs

5 limpers in front of hero, 4 small stacks near buy in level of 10$ (just take this with a grain of salt, I know its flawed, but im more concerned with the hand and less the stack issue), and Big stack at near 50$. There are 3 Loose Passive, One Tight Passive, One LAG.
Hero is a TAG, whats the optimal play here?

Since I hate it when the results arent there yet, here they are, but I wanted to give you some time to think.
Hero makes it 4xBB to go, calls around.

Flop of Jh, Qh, 9c

Checks around to hero, 3/4 pots, folds on caller (md stack).

So once you are done for yelling at me for raising in my position, did I play the flop right?

Turn was a blank, i put the other guy all in, he folds, and I take my pot. How bad was this play?

I have reads on most of the players, and I knew there would be no re-raises, and no one showed any real strength. Should I have raised more to limit the field?

xorbie
03-25-2005, 04:14 AM
Raise more, maybe. Tough to say with such tiny stacks. I think the nice thing about raising on the button is if an A flops, they might still check it around to you, and fold if you bet (and have the right image) holding a weak A.