PDA

View Full Version : analyze my play

Simplistic
03-25-2005, 01:55 AM
in SB with AQ, blinds 75/150,
UTG, UTG+1 limps, 600 to go. my stack is about 5k pre hand, UTG is similar stack.
get two callers,

flop comes down 234, all spades, I bet about 1500 and promptly get re-raised all-in by UTG. I have the Q of spades. this is far from the money and i'm covered slightly by UTG.

what's your line here? call fold?

my own analysis: flop bet was too big.

I ended up getting shown Q5 of hearts from the BB.

his limp then smooth call reeked of Aces and I possibly put him on A spades there nullifying my flush outs.

he played me like a fiddle.

ZBTHorton
03-25-2005, 01:58 AM
I definitely fold to the raise.

I also bet a little less on the flop.

I also think you raised the flop higher than it should have been. 450 would have done just fine.

Simplistic
03-25-2005, 02:01 AM
yeah, typically i'm raising 3x the blinds but with 2 limpers I didn't want too many callers, the limpers and BB had bigger stacks than I.

with AQ i'm hoping to take down the pot right there.

captainzodiac
03-25-2005, 02:21 AM
if i'm reading it right u made it 600 raise,and got 2 callers,seems a bit big a raise for aq,that's just me because i don't like that hand much until late in a tourney or short handed.then after not hitting the flop you bet 1500,i see the representation,seems extreme after getting 2 callers to 4x raise,someone has something,smells more like ak to me,maybe suited also,but who knows.you can always have bluffers,but that's something that is pretty hard to account for when a good size raise is smooth called,and really you were bluffing betting 1500 without hitting a flop,a hand like 22-99 would love that flop,and might have called you.
i certainly would be pissed after being shown that q5 hearts,and to bad q hadn't flopped ,you could have fried that fish! oh well you still had some room to recover in this tourney,but that 1500 would have went a long way later on.