View Full Version : K9s pairs the K on the flop and gets raised

imported_leader
03-25-2005, 01:49 AM
No read on UTG
Party Poker 1/2 Hold'em (8 handed) converter (http://www.selachian.com/tools/bisonconverter/hhconverter.cgi)

Preflop: Hero is SB with K/images/graemlins/club.gif, 9/images/graemlins/club.gif.
UTG calls, <font color="#666666">5 folds</font>, Hero completes, BB checks.

Flop: (3 SB) 5/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, 2/images/graemlins/diamond.gif, K/images/graemlins/heart.gif <font color="#0000FF">(3 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, BB folds, <font color="#CC3333">UTG raises</font>, Hero calls.

Turn: (3.50 BB) T/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
<font color="#CC3333">Hero bets</font>, UTG calls.

River: (5.50 BB) 6/images/graemlins/club.gif <font color="#0000FF">(2 players)</font>
Hero checks...

Final Pot: 5.50 BB

I'm going to go throw the possible lines as I see them after the standard flop bet out. Feel free to comment about which one think is best or point out any other lines you see.

So here are my options after the flop raise by UTG:

Fold - This wouldn't be horrible, but I don't like it. If I had something like K3 here, I might fold, but you never no what these 1/2 players are limping with. He could also have a flush draw or even something like A5 or of course a weaker K.

RR followed by bet/fold on the turn and river unimproved - I think this is a little aggressive with out a read.

Call followed by Bet/fold the turn and check/call the river unimproved - If you're going to call the flop raise, you must stop and go the turn, IMO. As to the river, bet/fold is certainly an option, but here are the reasons I think check/call is better:
<ul type="square"> He may (incorrectly) check a hand that has you beat because your play has confused him He may bet a hand he would have folded like a busted flush draw, A5, Ad 6d, Ad Td, or some ragidy pair he made when he was going for the flush You aren't going to get bluffed out of the pot by a crazy [/list]

deepsquat
03-25-2005, 01:56 AM
looks to be on a diamond draw, just bet the river i cant see you beaten here.

skoal2k4
03-25-2005, 02:02 AM
When I stop and go, I generally lead out the next street as well. the whole point is to show that the "go" card helped you. bet out the river since you bet the turn

thoughts?

skoal2k4
03-25-2005, 02:05 AM
you know... i just re-read it and now I really don't know which is better on the river. Check/call certainly does seem plausible here. I'm interested to hear thoughts on this one