PDA

View Full Version : Fantasy Baseball Help Needed

CCass
03-25-2005, 01:46 AM
I play in a 10 team NL only 5x5 league. We can keep players drafted the previous season by adding $5 to their cost from last year. I am thinking of keeping the following (prices shown include the $5):

Pujols - $54
Alou - $22
Marquis - $6
Otsuka - $7
Looper - $21

Any thoughts?

nolanfan34
03-25-2005, 02:00 AM
Total budget of $260?

I think Pujols, Marquis, Otsuka and Looper are easy keepers at that price. Alou is the one I'd consider throwing back, based on the talent available in the auction.

jesusarenque
03-25-2005, 03:20 AM
You cannot drop Alou quickly enough. Drop him yesterday.

Jack of Arcades
03-25-2005, 03:24 AM
[ QUOTE ]
You cannot drop Alou quickly enough. Drop him yesterday.

[/ QUOTE ]

Indeed. If Bonds is missing time, that's effectively cutting his RBI in half.

MarkL444
03-25-2005, 03:40 AM
[ QUOTE ]
Total budget of $260?

[/ QUOTE ]

is this the standard thing for auction leagues?

Crveballin
03-25-2005, 12:11 PM
I would suggest not keeping looper for the fact that I do not like spending decent money on closers that only help at most in 3 cateogries. Lidge and Gagne you can make a case that they help out in K's but after that I wouldnt suggest paying a lot for closers. My suggestion, dont keep Looper and if you cannot get him for cheaper or another decent closer for cheaper, draft Ryan Wagner from Cin as he will most likely take over the job from Graves when he faults.

CCass
03-25-2005, 01:15 PM
Alou definitely became a question mark once Bonds went down.

nolanfan34
03-25-2005, 01:29 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Alou definitely became a question mark once Bonds went down.

[/ QUOTE ]

And because of that, if you throw him back to the draft, you could probably get him at a lower price than what he would be if you keep him.

To me, that's the key to these auction keeper leagues. Yeah, you never know how much anyone is going to go for, but you have to ask yourself if not only can the player earn the dollar amount they're rostered at, but also would they go for a higher price if you throw them back. If it's yes to both questions, then you usually should keep them.

Looper for example, probably will at least match his performance from last season, and certainly would go for more than $21 if you throw him back I would bet.

Crveballin
03-25-2005, 01:33 PM
[ QUOTE ]
Looper for example, probably will at least match his performance from last season, and certainly would go for more than $21 if you throw him back I would bet.

[/ QUOTE ]

But that also might be a huge risk seeing that the Mets are in talks with bringing Urbina to NY. If that is the case, Urbina could take the job and all your left with is a high priced setup man.