PDA

View Full Version : Call, call, raise the better line?

Demana
03-25-2005, 01:40 AM
Live $3/6 game

Second hand at the table, so no reads.

Hero is CO with AKo

Preflop:
UTG folds, UTG1 calls, MP1 calls, MP2 folds, MP3 folds, Hero <font color="red">raises</font>, Button calls, SB folds, BB calls, UTG1 calls, MP1 calls.

Flop: KK5 (rainbow) (5 players)
Pot: (10.5 SB)

BB <font color="red">bets</font>, UTG1 folds, MP1 folds, Hero calls, Button calls.

Turn: 7 (completes rainbow) (3 players)
Pot: (7 BB)

BB bets, Hero happens to see Button get ready to muck so Hero then <font color="red">raises</font>, Button folds, BB folds

Is the better line to let the BB bluff till the river and then raise them? Once I saw the button ready to fold, I thought that I should try to get more from the BB.

mr pink
03-25-2005, 02:16 AM
just let him bluff the river.

mikeyvegas
03-25-2005, 02:26 AM
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. You are so far ahead usually and with your read, this is going to be a heads up pot on the river.

Demana
03-25-2005, 08:02 AM
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I agree. You are so far ahead usually and with your read, this is going to be a heads up pot on the river.

[/ QUOTE ]

That's what I thought, but greed took over from correct play.

Standard then:

Call turn.
Raise the river if bluff is continued.
Bet the river if checked to.

If opponent check raises the river, would a 3-bet be standard as the likely hood of the underboat is very low?

RustedCorpse
03-25-2005, 11:02 AM
Am I the only one who raises the turn and bets out the river?

sfer
03-25-2005, 11:09 AM
You played it fine. Not many people will bluff two streets, and you can't expect them to fire the third barrel. It certainly looks like he has a K and I would be eager to go to war on the turn.

shark6
03-25-2005, 01:38 PM
Raise the turn and bet the river, you’ll make more money this way. If he doesn’t bluff again at the river, which is likely especially in B&amp;M, you’ll miss out on the 1BB you gain from a raise.